This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath to launch in 3 hours

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath to launch in 3 hours

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 months ago#121
So how are ES build now? They got nerfed pretty hard, is everything just life based now, even when "hybrid"?

I play low life Necrobot summoners so ES nerf made me really sad
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#122
While the new update is great, the league is garbage.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: LtMessiahDM504

LtMessiahDM504
4 months ago#123
MoM + Life is the new ES. Not nearly as good but its better than life since it didn't receive any real buffs.

Really, we didn't need ES destroyed the way it was. We needed a little nerf to its leech OR its amount, then rework armour and evasion to actually matter. I dont give a s*** that I have 75% phys reduction against a white mob. Im worried about everything else.

I am not sure about the PCoC interaction, but I thought it would only add 1. Say it did though, wouldn't Split arrow be even better and you dont have to worry about fast enemies running outside its aoe.

Pre nerf CoC was what lots of people said drew them to this game. Just a spectacle of elemental nuking.

Mathil tried to stick with Storm Burst which he said he did longer than most of his other builds. Trying out lots of different options for it and eventually said **** it. And Storm Burst is better than quite a few other skills. He is actually a very skilled player, so to see him give up on it shows the game has balance issues that need to be corrected.

Clear speeds are slower by a large amount with other builds, but thats not the main thing. The ability to run uber atziri becomes impossible with arc for example unless you swap out skills, and then maybe have to recolor your chest for her split phase. All skills would be viable in game if you didn't have limited portals. But for some skills, if you dont have mirror gear to make it work, it might take 10+ portals to take a boss down.

The longer the fight, the more mistakes will be made.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
4 months ago#124
Damn, I've been getting some good RNG lately.
https://streamable.com/h2hra

Apparently that's worth at least a few ex. Woot!

LtMessiahDM504 posted...
Early in the league though Tabula is a great item. Most useful item in the game I would say

Oh definitely. Sold it almost immediately after putting it up.

ElDudorino posted...
I am 100% in agreement that locking difficult content behind huge amounts of currency with the possibility of failure flushing all that money down the toilet is utter BS

The thing to keep in mind when thinking about this stuff is that the reward's value and even power is often scaled with how difficult the content is. There's a reason why Starforge (best 2H sword) is dropped from Shaper. There's a reason prenerf Atziri's Acuities was 200 exalts at its peak.

If you make access as easy as Tier 5 Maps, these items plummet in value because even the most basic player can obtain them. Then the game devolves into people running around in 10c Skyforths and uniques lose their meaning.

Judgmenl posted...
I Ancient Orb'd a Sorrow of the Divine into a Wise Oak.

ElDudorino posted...
Ryaan: Just found a unique Simple Robe, assumed it was a tab but of course it was Thousand Ribbons. One Ancient Orb later and I'm the proud owner of... Zahndethus' Caddock.

Haha ouch! Maybe next time eh guys? If people on Reddit can Ancient Orb a Kaoms/Shavs, we can too! =P

Kokuei05 posted...
While the new update is great, the league is garbage.

They just posted an announcement to buffing it. I'd definitely want to see more shards and harder mobs.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1949090
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 months ago#125
Yeah, the league is pretty s***ty. I find myself hoping harbingers don't show up on my map because they make me stay in one place for no reward.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 months ago#126
Glad they're patching it up because yeah, this league's gimmick has been pretty boring. It does spice things up if a harbinger happens to be hanging out next to a map boss and a tormented rare or something but usually I just run into a harbinger plus some trash mobs, kill all the trash mobs plus the harbinger's summons, then sit around and wait for the harbinger to bring in more friends for me to kill until he turns into a pinata of garbage shards I could have gotten for selling two trash rares.

Also, a couple of the new orbs are interesting although having like 7 new types of shards with no official home on my currency tab is annoying. I guess that won't be helped by buffing harbingers and their drops but whatevs.

As for being forced to swap skill gems if you're an Arc-user fighting Uber Atziri, the same can be said for a lot of popular skills. I ran Tornado Shot back when it was newish and it turned out to be pretty popular. Wasn't viable against that reflect, though.

Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
If you make access as easy as Tier 5 Maps, these items plummet in value because even the most basic player can obtain them. Then the game devolves into people running around in 10c Skyforths and uniques lose their meaning.

I really don't see much of a problem with this, to be honest. A lot of these top uniques aren't even on my radar because their price is so out of control so they basically just don't exist for me. But if scarcity is that important, GGG could always just make these bosses more accessible but lower the drop rate. People still farm like crazy for amazing ultra-rare items in games where the bosses aren't gated behind large amounts of currency.

I think the difficulty of defeating the bosses should be the main consideration in fighting them, not the fact of keeping up enough money to fight them.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
4 months ago#127
I specifically made a miner so I could be reflect-immune. It works much better than the Flicker build I ran last week against reflect mechanics. I am still blown out from the effort I put in earlier this week tho.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

ElDudorino
4 months ago#128
Yeah, being reflect-immune with traps and mines is amazing although being unable to leech is pretty savage. It's really made me realize how over-reliant on leech I've become.

ElDudorino
4 months ago#129
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Haha ouch! Maybe next time eh guys? If people on Reddit can Ancient Orb a Kaoms/Shavs, we can too! =P

Finally got my first Tabula Rasa of the league. Can't believe it took me until tier 2 maps to find my first one! Doesn't quite count since I didn't use an ancient orb to get it, but, whatevs. My next ancient orb is basically guaranteed to be Shav's, so, that's nice.

And a tab is even worth more than a Divine Orb at this point in the league. Nice!

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 months ago#130
TC why haven't you closed this topic? Your OP is known and old now. Cease the dumb conversations and save it for ingame. This topic no longer serves a purpose.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hj9yPs
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | MSI GTX Gaming X 1070 | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Prime Z270-A
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath to launch in 3 hours

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived