This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath to launch in 3 hours

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath to launch in 3 hours

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#161
Anyway, I take it you're gonna dive straight into a Twinned Excavation or Torture Chamber?

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
2 months ago#162
Yup, adding new abilities and stuff, because a common complaint was that they're too easy (I guess those people haven't run double dmg mod Maps) You can check out the announcement here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1949090

As for those bosses, hell no. f*** those Maps lol.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

ElDudorino
2 months ago#163
Haha! The first time I ran Excavation it had some pretty brutal mods on it but that character had been blazing through other red maps... I popped into that boss room and I was just like "Are you f***ing kidding me?" At least the holes in the floor in the arena make it a bit easier to kite the bosses around, but I spent almost the whole fight hiding.

I always found it a bit dumb how they randomly assign certain bosses to certain levels/tiers without considering the boss difficulty. If anything by the time you reach tier 11 bosses with difficulty that's a '4' or '5' should be the norm but why the hell is the tier 3 Vaal Pyramid so brutal?

Also back in pre-Ascendancy days I remember I could run Twinned Shrine maps (level 77 or 78) with one portal but I couldn't handle a white Jungle Valley (which I think was level 70-72 at the time) because it's a small arena where it's easy to get crowded by adds if you don't have phasing, and getting tagged was like a one-shot if you didn't have maxed chaos resist. Of course, that map seems a lot easier now so unless they nerfed the chaos damage it's possible that I was just drunk every time I fought that stupid spider back then.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
2 months ago#164
Sold a 6L chest for 3 ex 15c last night, pretty hyped. Definitely my biggest sale of the League so far.

ElDudorino posted...
Haha! The first time I ran Excavation it had some pretty brutal mods on it but that character had been blazing through other red maps... I popped into that boss room and I was just like "Are you f***ing kidding me?" At least the holes in the floor in the arena make it a bit easier to kite the bosses around, but I spent almost the whole fight hiding.

Yeah, it's a pretty crazy fight. Which is a good thing, because it keeps you on your toes if you've been clearing packs with ease.

ElDudorino posted...
I always found it a bit dumb how they randomly assign certain bosses to certain levels/tiers without considering the boss difficulty. If anything by the time you reach tier 11 bosses with difficulty that's a '4' or '5' should be the norm but why the hell is the tier 3 Vaal Pyramid so brutal?

Also back in pre-Ascendancy days I remember I could run Twinned Shrine maps (level 77 or 78) with one portal but I couldn't handle a white Jungle Valley (which I think was level 70-72 at the time) because it's a small arena where it's easy to get crowded by adds if you don't have phasing, and getting tagged was like a one-shot if you didn't have maxed chaos resist. Of course, that map seems a lot easier now so unless they nerfed the chaos damage it's possible that I was just drunk every time I fought that stupid spider back then

It has to do with providing a challenge at every (or nearly every) Tier of Map. Cause I think you can look through the list and in most Tiers, there's always at least 1 rippy tileset. It's to give a challenge for veteran players who already find the grind of low Maps to be easy.

With a mix of easy and hard Maps throughout all 16 Tiers, it makes it more balanced imo. Less likely to hit a huge wall, whereas re-configuring Maps so all the easy bosses/tilesets are lower and all the hard ones are high tier = recipe to hit a wall and unable to progress at, say T10 Maps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

ElDudorino
2 months ago#165
I guess. Do you think that many veteran players are running the harder low-tier maps to challenge themselves instead of just blazing through whatever random unIDed tier 1/2/3/etc to grab the challenge reward and then moving on to higher tiers? It doesn't seem that weird to me that a certain tier would represent a bit of a wall, either. I think it actually makes more sense that way. It's not a major issue to me though that it's set up the way it is, since I would have kept the wiki page open either way.

ElDudorino
2 months ago#166
Hey cool, I just Ancient Orbed a Bramblejack and got a Tabula Rasa. Twinsies!

User Info: kbe2k2

kbe2k2
2 months ago#167
Worst trying to save up for a pricey piece of gear while trying to push up to running steady shaped T11 maps, in past leagues where I didn't need any expensive gear pieces I would just buy like 10 maps and that would be enough to get my own map pool going.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#168
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
About to start red Maps tonight, and this is where I need to start corrupting em for the bonus objectives. Time to get rekt and rip my character =P

Tried a dual ele dmg + shocking ground T13 yesterday. Boss had me biting the pillow
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath to launch in 3 hours

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived