This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Person Shooters... for people that prefer controllers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. First Person Shooters... for people that prefer controllers

User Info: HotshotJoe

HotshotJoe
4 months ago#71
The steam controller is not a mouse and keyboard tc. But it emulates one better then any controller your claiming is perfect.
It emulates a mouse and keyboard and has gyro controls too for fine tune aiming.
It is literally the best replacement on pc to play first person shooters with a controller. No other controller compares to it for first person shooters if you want to use a controller instead of a mouse for aiming.
That's why I'm streaming LoLz right now and why I have bought 9300 IP on two accounts so far. Because I don't play it. Makes perfect sense ~ Karmic Dragon

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 months ago#72
bikeblaster posted...
You won't be destroyed for the first few days. You'll be destroyed every second forever.

Pretty much this. You will need to play PvE shooters, not PvP ones. Even if you get super duper ultra good with a controller . . . you'll be utterly crushed by "average" people using a kbm. Even pro console gamers will get wrecked by people using a kbm, the handicap is just too much.

There's lots of fun PvE shooters though. GL TC! Hopefully you can find some fun PvE and coop shooters to play, sorry to hear you can't use a kbm without hurting your hands and joints. I can't give more advice on shooters as I'm not that big on the genre anymore, Overwatch is about the only one I still play
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
4 months ago#73
I have been gaming for nearly 40 years... please guys... stop talking to me like you are teaching me something.

I am simply looking for ideas for GAMES... not controllers... Not alternative reasons to kill myself because I will suck at a video game so bad.

Just stop it. I know my ability. I know what to expect. I know that most of you already stopped reading this sentence.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 months ago#74
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online

It feature real gun & all... Although... good luck at getting used to fire at transparent opponents 90% of the time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

HotshotJoe
4 months ago#75
ApexMjolnir posted...
I have been gaming for nearly 40 years... please guys... stop talking to me like you are teaching me something.

I am simply looking for ideas for GAMES... not controllers... Not alternative reasons to kill myself because I will suck at a video game so bad.

Just stop it. I know my ability. I know what to expect. I know that most of you already stopped reading this sentence.

Good for you and I been gaming for 34.
Your getting this treatment because you swear to have the best controller for first person shooters.

Like we have said nothing compares to k + m
Or a steam controller for pc first person controllers.

Go play fall out 3 or fall out vegas because vats we'll help you immensely.

Stay away from multiplayer fps because you won't be able to keep up without a mouse or steam controller.
That's why I'm streaming LoLz right now and why I have bought 9300 IP on two accounts so far. Because I don't play it. Makes perfect sense ~ Karmic Dragon

HotshotJoe
4 months ago#76
InnerSpace posted...
@Crysiania - There could be a lot of extraneous circumstances. For example, I play with a specially-made controller due to peripheral nerve damage in my dominant arm from a work accident. If I could play a game with just keyboard I'd be set (I can actually maintain a solid 30-40 wpm even with only one typing hand), but I have to stop typing every time I have to scroll with my mouse: you can probably see why I'd opt for a one-handed joystick

Generally speaking, once peripheral disabilities are involved, playing with a mouse and keyboard are just a thing a lot of people aren't able to do anymore

And this is bulls***. Anyone remember the league of legends player that was a 7 year disabled child. He had no arms and he still played at a high level play controlling mouse with a thing he held in his mouth.

ApexMjolnir
4 months ago#77
Hey Joe... I don't care. It has nothing to do with the f***ING CONTROLLER.

I am looking for GAME IDEAS.

Seriously, why do people think that this is a debate. It's not. I HAVE a CUSTOM MADE CONTROLLER, FOR ME TO PLAY GAMES WITH!!!!
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

ApexMjolnir
4 months ago#78
I tried out the BIG SCREEN MODE thing, and it definitely works. I definitely need to tweak it a lot to get it to work well though.

Mapping the mouse to the right thumbstick really shows how much more sensitive the mouse is than the controllers. I had to almost turn it all the way down on Enclave.

The guesswork surrounding the setup though, is rough. And since most people prefer different button configurations, Using someone else's saved config, doesn't necessarily translate into being useful. I still had to use the keyboard to crouch, and equip weapons... But for $0.99 I figured it was the perfect game to test it out on.

I may try it out again later with Black Squad, to see how that goes. I will let you all know.

User Info: gibby_1982

gibby_1982
4 months ago#79
ApexMjolnir posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...
This thread is tl;Dr. Did anyone mention/TC consider a steam controller?

why would I buy that when I have a better controller?

Also if you find the thread TL;DR, don't post questions in it.

And here is where you lost all sympathy. For all your ranting about choosing a preferred method over the superior method (controller vs kbm) for whatever personal reasons, you then turn around and claim that you are using the best controller and don't need to consider options and are a complete dick to a poster that was genuinely trying to help you. The hypocrisy is mind boggling.
"The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club."

HotshotJoe
4 months ago#80
ApexMjolnir posted...
Hey Joe... I don't care. It has nothing to do with the f***ING CONTROLLER.

I am looking for GAME IDEAS.

Seriously, why do people think that this is a debate. It's not. I HAVE a CUSTOM MADE CONTROLLER, FOR ME TO PLAY GAMES WITH!!!!

Is part of your disability intelligence defiency too. I already listed games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. First Person Shooters... for people that prefer controllers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived