This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to disable or alter Aero's terrible frame limiter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any way to disable or alter Aero's terrible frame limiter?

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#1
Running windowed video capture, and I don't want any overlays or additional windows to show up in stream. Aero fixes this, but it's performance is just awful; iirc, hard capped at like, 24 or 48fps or something?
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#2
Can't you just close all other applications and then turn Aero off?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#3
And then I wouldn't be able to do anything while streaming? While also not actually solving the problem at all?
I don't want people distracted by reference overlays, or looking at my file list when loading and saving, or really anything of that sort.
Globally forcing Vsync off seems to have fixed the worst parts of it, but wow aero is s***. Legit almost considered using windows 10 for a split second there. Still f***ing with application frame pacing though, ffs

yeah aero is just thoroughly cancer, wow

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
4 months ago#4
Why not fix the frame rate for your stream to match Aero? Do you have the outgoing bandwidth for 60fps?
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon R9 390X, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#5
...?
The stream framerate isn't the problem? The problem is that Aero is gimpy AF and causes general windows performance problems. Drawing with it on or off is a night and day difference.

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
4 months ago#6
You said you almost considered using windows 10. Why would you not use it though?
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#7
Because it's garbage for a number of reasons?
Even without the whole telemetry and notyourpc issues, it's got a mess of other crap, much of the new interface is downright terrible, behavior is unpredictable and unreliable, ect

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
4 months ago#8
Seems blind hate to me, telemetry can be disabled, interface can easily be modified to your liking and made like windows 7, not sure what you mean with the rest. But hey, your choice at the end of the day, choice is the best thing about pc gaming.
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662

User Info: ElitestTank

ElitestTank
4 months ago#9
Oooh, Aero and Windows 10 are the devil.

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#10
Rhyten posted...
Seems blind hate to me, telemetry can be disabled, interface can easily be modified to your liking and made like windows 7, not sure what you mean with the rest. But hey, your choice at the end of the day, choice is the best thing about pc gaming.

I've used Win10 extensively. I'm familiar with it's problems. It's also how I know that the desktop compositor for it is 100x better than Aero. But, for reliability, W10 is really really bad.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any way to disable or alter Aero's terrible frame limiter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived