This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is No Man's Sky worth playing now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is No Man's Sky worth playing now?

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
2 months ago#11
What ever happened to that lead developer for NMS that people were herelding as a god before the game came out? (Sean Murray I believe?)

Haven't heard a peep from him since the game launched.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#12
Trine is also a fantastic series... well for as far as I am into the series... It looks dumb in videos, but it really is fantastic, and I believe the trilogy is on sale still... maybe... I just got them on Wednesday...
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
2 months ago#13
Stonedwolfed posted...
Consider The Temple of Elemental Evil.

Little story, and as-released chock full of bugs (which hammered the Metacritic). The community spent 10 years fixing it up, get the GOG version for $5, then the mods Circle of 8 and TemplePlus.

Super hardcore nerdy AD&D turn-based combat, but (and thankfully) real-time movement between fights.

Funny you mention this game. I grew up playing old "Goldbox" AD&D PC games in the early 90s. So when The Temple of Elemental Evil came out I immediately bought it. If I recall correctly, I had a pretty standard Pentium 3 or Pentium 4 and Windows 98. The game just wouldn't run.

Even with modern games I still have crashes at startup sometimes, it comes with the territory of PC gaming. Just now, I bought Worms W.M.D. and it refused to launch out of Steam. I ran the .exe out of the root folder and I got a DLL error message related to Visual C++ 2010 and I had to reinstall some files. Annoying, but fixable. With Temple of Elemental Evil, it would start and hang at some point after the first town. It was a random freeze, with no error message. I got frustrated and gave up trying to play it. I ended up buying Neverwinter Nights not long after, which actually worked.
(message deleted)

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
2 months ago#15
I like how it's still $60 with over 2/3rds of the reviews on Steam being negative. They're trying to get your curiousity dollars.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
2 months ago#16
chandl34 posted...
I like how it's still $60 with over 2/3rds of the reviews on Steam being negative. They're trying to get your curiousity dollars.

Yeah, I was wondering why it's full price too.

If I had to guess, it's because they have a huge update coming up that brings the game closer to what was originally envisioned. If they were smart, they would coincide a price drop at the same time, to generate social media buzz and get people talking about it.

If they dropped the price down to $40 less now, not many people would buy it. And then future updates might not get as much publicity.

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
2 months ago#17
I hear the PC version was a disaster, but on PS4 it's a pretty stable game and it's kind of neat in it's own way. It's not great or anything, but it doesn't really live up to the hate either. It's just ok.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#18
Its not that bad anymore. The performance issues have been fixed and its received 2 decent sized updates with a third releasing soon.

If you like survival/crafting type games then its a fine game.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
2 months ago#19
Damaged7 posted...
with a third releasing soon.

The arg they're doing for it is extremely annoying. Nothing short of multiplayer can justify how much effort went into this arg but I highly doubt that's what it'll be.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#20
Yeah I haven't looked too much into it but I've always liked ARGs. There have been some really cool ones over the years.
FC: 1221-0777-4703
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is No Man's Sky worth playing now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived