This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If PC games were physical only again would your trade them in?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If PC games were physical only again would your trade them in?

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 months ago#1
Topic
Ryzen 1600X | GTX 1080 OC | 16GB DDR4 | SSD | 28" Acer 4K
Playing: Splatoon 2 / MK8D / Diablo 3 / WoW / Quake Champions

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
2 months ago#2
Nope. That's only a thing for console peasants, ever since moving to PC my game buying practices have changed dramatically. Also it's just a big rip off trading in games.
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: the4thstooge

the4thstooge
2 months ago#3
Trade? No. Sell? Yes.
My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/digitlsamurai
Retro and modern playthroughs. PC build in profile.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#4
I never traded them in back when they were physical copies in the "old days," so why would I now?
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#5
I find it hard to believe that I'd be able to buy Indie games on physical media for the few bucks a piece they sell for digitally, so I'd probably have a lot less games to begin with and be far less likely to take risks on untested products.

I'm still waiting for Europe to enact some legislation that requires purveyors of digital products to allow customers to sell licenses to each other second hand. I'd definitely go for that, so I could unload a few stinkers that ended up on my Steam list.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#6
No, trading games in has always been stupid IMO. I'd rather keep my games in case I ever want to play them again. I've got hundreds of NES, N64, Gamecube, Sega, PS1 and 2, Xbox and Xbox 360 etc games still. I'd rather just keep them than get the 50 cents a game I'd get from selling them
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#7
Knighted Dragon posted...
No, trading games in has always been stupid IMO. I'd rather keep my games in case I ever want to play them again. I've got hundreds of NES, N64, Gamecube, Sega, PS1 and 2, Xbox and Xbox 360 etc games still. I'd rather just keep them than get the 50 cents a game I'd get from selling them

A lot of times I might just give them away than get crap from Gamestop. Although once in a while there is a good trade in promotion.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: Boge

Boge
2 months ago#8
Sell? Yeah. Why would I want some box taking up space in my area when I'm never going to touch it again? To look at it? Pffffft.
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#9
Boge posted...
Sell? Yeah. Why would I want some box taking up space in my area when I'm never going to touch it again? To look at it? Pffffft.

https://youtu.be/JUwYZUFzs7g
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#10
protools1983 posted...
Also it's just a big rip off trading in games.

Depends on where you trade them in, but if you're not going to play a game again (honestly, how many games do you have in your steam library that you're really going to replay, hell, how many games do you have that you have yet to install?), it makes sense to sell them and get a little cash/some extra credit. You're telling me you wouldn't trade in digital games you've never played/will never replay if you could?
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If PC games were physical only again would your trade them in?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived