This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Base building games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Base building games?

User Info: shileka

shileka
2 months ago#1
Okay so i loved the basebuilding aspect of fallout 4

I have a couple saves with several settlements and have pretty much exhausted what i can do with it

I want more, specifically base building where you also have to defend your base, build energy and resource production etc, but not a management type of game, i dont want to sit and watch, i'd like to fight, repair turrets, lock down doors and gates when i get the alert the enemy is coming, that kind of thing, anyone have any games to recomend me?
Lillie is best waifu
3DS FC 2767-2339-4314 machoke-pancham-hariyama IGN Rebecca

shileka
2 months ago#2
Bonus points if i have to scavenge resources from ghoul (zombie) infested cities and villages
Lillie is best waifu

User Info: CoinFlipBimbo

CoinFlipBimbo
2 months ago#3
I'm not very far in this game but I think 7 Days to Die does this. It's a very fun game. I recently started playing it.
http://i.imgur.com/v73OhsZ.gif

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
2 months ago#4
State of decay.

shileka
2 months ago#5
CoinFlipBimbo posted...
I'm not very far in this game but I think 7 Days to Die does this. It's a very fun game. I recently started playing it.

I read some rather poor reviews about bugs and glitches, you encounter any?
Lillie is best waifu

User Info: bluezero

bluezero
2 months ago#6
Offworld Trading Company, sorta
http://i.imgur.com/VleHYd3.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/std/_bluezero_.png

shileka
2 months ago#7
bluezero posted...
Offworld Trading Company, sorta

looks like it could be fun but not what i was looking for, thanks anyway
Lillie is best waifu

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#8
7 Days to Die hits the nail on the head perfectly, I've got a few hundred hours in it last I checked and haven't had many issues with bugs. Absolutely great game. You build your base and defend it while mining for more material. There are two play styles, you can run around and scavenge, or you can build your base and focus on mining and let the hordes of zombies bring you any items you need. It's especially fun in coop where you let someone else scavenge while you build

If you'd prefer a top down style game, there's great ones like

Rimworld - A game that's Prison Architect on steroids

Dungeons 2 / War for the Overworld etc - Dungeon Master games where you build your base and have your minions defend it. Don't think there's power management

Craft the World - Terraria clone but with Dwarves and more fun. No power management though

Factorio - Absolutely amazing game that does everything you wanted + a lot more. Really, really, really recommend this game if you want to manage your base and enjoy automating things and making it more efficient. You have to provide power, build walls and turrets, mine material and turn it into other stuff etc. Be careful, I literally put over 80 hours in it in about a week and a half when I first bought it. Completely consumed me and had me sleeping only a few hours a night and playing it every minute I could between work

I think you should look at 7 Days To Die for a first person style game, and Factorio if you want a top down.
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

shileka
2 months ago#9
Knighted Dragon posted...
7 Days to Die hits the nail on the head perfectly, I've got a few hundred hours in it last I checked and haven't had many issues with bugs. Absolutely great game. You build your base and defend it while mining for more material. There are two play styles, you can run around and scavenge, or you can build your base and focus on mining and let the hordes of zombies bring you any items you need. It's especially fun in coop where you let someone else scavenge while you build

If you'd prefer a top down style game, there's great ones like

Rimworld - A game that's Prison Architect on steroids

Dungeons 2 / War for the Overworld etc - Dungeon Master games where you build your base and have your minions defend it. Don't think there's power management

Craft the World - Terraria clone but with Dwarves and more fun. No power management though

Factorio - Absolutely amazing game that does everything you wanted + a lot more. Really, really, really recommend this game if you want to manage your base and enjoy automating things and making it more efficient. You have to provide power, build walls and turrets, mine material and turn it into other stuff etc. Be careful, I literally put over 80 hours in it in about a week and a half when I first bought it. Completely consumed me and had me sleeping only a few hours a night and playing it every minute I could between work

I think you should look at 7 Days To Die for a first person style game, and Factorio if you want a top down.

factorio looks quite good indeed, i see steam has a demo so i'll give it a spin
Lillie is best waifu

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#10
Don't forget ARK and Subnautica. Minecraft got me hooked on these games.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Base building games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived