This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hellblade senua is freakin awesome!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hellblade senua is freakin awesome!

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 months ago#21
MarceloSampaio posted...
desert_santa posted...
Is it true if you die too much your save file gets erased?

I want to know this too.
EDIT: Yup, people confirmed this. My interest in the game just died. :/

Welp, adding this to the "Games that have zero respect for my time" list, and will likely forgo looking into it any further.

Something like that should be reserved for Iron Man/Hardcore difficulty modes. Forcing it on a player tells me you don't care about my limited time to play whatsoever, and are willing to throw away my progress because I didn't 'git gud' fast enough.

Unless the game is under 10 hours start to finish, or it's a level of you have to SERIOUSLY f*** up in life to trigger it, it's not something I want to give money to.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
2 months ago#22
cody4783 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
desert_santa posted...

I want to know this too.

Welp, adding this to the "Games that have zero respect for my time" list, and will likely forgo looking into it any further.

Something like that should be reserved for Iron Man/Hardcore difficulty modes. Forcing it on a player tells me you don't care about my limited time to play whatsoever, and are willing to throw away my progress because I didn't 'git gud' fast enough.

Unless the game is under 10 hours start to finish, or it's a level of you have to SERIOUSLY f*** up in life to trigger it, it's not something I want to give money to.

Well... it is.

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
2 months ago#23
cody4783 posted...

Cool, base your perceptions of a game off a single out of context clickbait statement with no further details. I am pretty sure the game devs dont actually want people like you buying the game just to give it a negative review and complain.

About a bajillion people said something along the lines of "there's no save point near the boss! worst game ever made!" when Dark Souls came out. Best game of all time.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#24
If you die so many times that the game is forced to delete your save file out of shame then you should play kirby's epic yarn or a Nintendo game and leave the big bad Hellblade for the gamers.
Now, say my name.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 months ago#25
Crysiania posted...
cody4783 posted...
Unless the game is under 10 hours start to finish, .

Well... it is.

Fair enough. I had the impression it was 20+ hours of RPG or something. If it's short with a harsh death penalty, then that's probably fine within context of the game. Thank you for the info.

Death_Born posted...
Cool, base your perceptions of a game off a single out of context clickbait statement with no further details. I am pretty sure the game devs dont actually want people like you buying the game just to give it a negative review and complain.

You know, if fans of a game actually talked about the game in detail while defending it, provided compelling arguments in defense of the thing their fond of, and actually could carry on a discussion, then maybe such harsh opinions wouldn't form.

When people start their defense with 'git gud' and end it with 'We don't want you casuals playing it anyway', it's no goddamn wonder people steer clear of games with such volatile fan bases.

I'm open to discussing games. Telling me it's the greatest thing ever 'just because' and telling me to go away when I disagree with it sounding like a particularly fun game isn't how you get people interested in the thing you like.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: DownSouth113

DownSouth113
2 months ago#26
Just another awesome game ruined, by awful mechanic
i5 3570k,MSI RX 470 8 GB, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 10
http://steamcommunity.com/id/perfectvillain/

User Info: matu90rk

matu90rk
2 months ago#27
Are people really expecting a good game from Ninja Theory? lmao

User Info: axes2t2

axes2t2
2 months ago#28
Those people hating on the perma death thing must be very bad at videogames.
If a pizza has a radius 'Z' and depth 'A' then its Volume = Pi * Z * Z * A

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
2 months ago#29
So this just got a WHOLE lot weirder:

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/894956371086630913

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
2 months ago#30
MarceloSampaio posted...
desert_santa posted...

I want to know this too.

Ah thank you. I'll get it once the price drops then, as I expect I will be dying quite a lot. Starting over sounds like a big chore. Interesting mechanic though.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hellblade senua is freakin awesome!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived