This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hellblade senua is freakin awesome!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hellblade senua is freakin awesome!

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#41
Jedi454 posted...
BehemothBlade posted...
Senua is hideous.

You are mentally ill.

Mental illness seems to be a theme around here.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
4 months ago#42
I don't know why the f*** Ninja Theory pull this "perma-death" stunt/bluff/crap but the game is actually fairly easy, not in same level as "Dark Souls" or equivalent difficulty.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
4 months ago#43
cody4783 posted...
@desert_santa posted...
Ah thank you. I'll get it once the price drops then, as I expect I will be dying quite a lot. Starting over sounds like a big chore. Interesting mechanic though.

Reposting the post before you, because this is interesting:
Death_Born posted...
So this just got a WHOLE lot weirder:
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/894956371086630913

John Bain @Totalbiscuit
So apparently the whole permadeath thing was a bluff by the Hellblade devs and isn't actually real. Sure as hell feel stupid now.

Very interesting. People in that twitter 'discussion', are saying he should delete this because it's a "spoiler" evidently. So maybe it's one big fake-out or something to instill despair in the player, but actually turns into a gameplay mechanic or fake-out? Or it's just a big load of bulls*** the developer threw out there to draw controversy---"Even bad news gets you free publicity", the sort of attention-whoring move that will get people to flock to a game that might otherwise have flown completely under the radar.

I'm also reading several calls that it's around an 8-ish hour game. So, while I'm still not in favor of such a mechanic, they're at least not burning 20-30+ hours worth of your time on what could be a few unlucky mistakes, or a glitch in the game that caused you to die repeatedly (For example: Jim Sterling's complaint that the game Auto-saved past a checkpoint, where he was locked into a forced death because he missed a trigger before the checkpoint locked him into a death loop).

Still...Starting to sound like a publicity stunt if John's post is indeed true.

@cody4783

Did a little reading around. A lot of reviewers say there is permadeath. A lot of comments are mixed. With it being fake, to 8 deaths trigger permadeath, to the combat is not that hard so permadeath is unlikely, to you can die in trying to escape fires which add to the permadeath count.

I'm not the most skilled player in the world. I will definitely end up dying a number of times. I don't mind going back 1 hour, or maybe even 2. Any more than that is an exercise in frustration, especially for a story heavy title.

Still I appreciate your post. Will be interesting to see if it's real or not. Until then I'm going to hold off. Already bought an indie game on sale to tide me over until Agents of Mayhem release.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
4 months ago#44
It's true; the permadeath thing is just a joke by the devs. Why they added that, I have no idea. There wasn't even any mention of it before it was released, so I'm sure they wanted it to be a surprise...

But buying a game that had no mention of permadeath at all only to learn about permadeath at the start of the game...I really have no idea why they did this.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
4 months ago#45
@ desert_santa (Yes I know it's not an alert)

Yeah, I'm likely in the same boat. Gonna wait until this whole thing blows over and some hard info comes out just to see. In the reviewers' defense, you have to keep in mind that they often don't have the time to properly sit down and test all mechanics of a game and have to go off what has been said to them, and are often influenced by word of mouth on key components of the game.

If the developer is going around saying it has permadeath, and it DOESN'T, then I can totally see reviewers going for that Day-1 review that only got a code a few days ago, jumping the gun on that misinformation--IF it is indeed true. Need to start seeing reports that people actually, 100% got their save deleted, especially if this is somehow "spoiler" territory for the game. A big ruse like this could backfire on the dev, really.

I'm with you though, I play a s***load of games and rarely sit down to master or perfect strategy in any one particular game. I would expect to die a few times, and I straight up don't even feel like bothering on a chance of wasted time via permadeath. Unless it comes down to something like Nier:Automata's special ending where it's cannon/empowering to 'delete' your save. Even if you can just back it up locally before doing so, for example.

VoidNoodle posted...
It's true; the permadeath thing is just a joke by the devs. Why they added that, I have no idea. There wasn't even any mention of it before it was released, so I'm sure they wanted it to be a surprise...

But buying a game that had no mention of permadeath at all only to learn about permadeath at the start of the game...I really have no idea why they did this.

My only guess is free hype. Look at how many people this game has flown under the radar--all the ones that have never heard of it before now. Then consider the small explosion of word-of-mouth discussion and drama saying it has a "permadeath, deletes your save" mechanic has already drawn. Threads blow up, sites that would have mentioned it once now say it in shock and THEN either make a second article or bump up the previous article with a redaction when the truth comes out it doesn't, etc.. I'm genuinely suspect it's just a publicity stunt, even if a bit poorly executed.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: BehemothBlade

BehemothBlade
4 months ago#46
Jedi454 posted...
BehemothBlade posted...
Senua is hideous.

You are mentally ill.

JKatarn posted...
Because he's a socially maladjusted basement dweller posting on GameFAQs. I'm also betting OP is far from a male model himself.

What is with the immaturity and hate with these posters? and it is always personal attacks, 'I dont agree with your opinion, YOU are now my enemy'
Relax it is just a game.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
4 months ago#47
For those who have played, is the entire journey one huge dash to the end through the dark horror set with evil voices spamming messages of despair along the way? Is there at least a point in the game you can catch a break or something?

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
4 months ago#48
MarceloSampaio posted...
desert_santa posted...
Is it true if you die too much your save file gets erased?

I want to know this too.

EDIT: Yup, people confirmed this. My interest in the game just died. :/

But you can back up your save file first, I assume?

edit: nvm, just a bluff from the developer.
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
4 months ago#49
So..the audio design is phenomenal...it's legit unnerving at times.
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

User Info: kloud 11

kloud 11
4 months ago#50
Game is so good. I'm playing on PS4 though. Can't really discuss the game over there...too many weebs and waifubaters
:)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hellblade senua is freakin awesome!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived