This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gaming is so weird

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC Gaming is so weird

User Info: Darkshowers

Darkshowers
3 months ago#21
OptimusRekt posted...
OP I am trying to find the main idea of your post.

I do like to wander in thought sometimes. My main point was that PC gaming now has made me realize just how the market has changed and it feels like even though I bought a new(er) video card, I kinda dislike the new games that utilize it. I guess I'm just an oddity on this forum, seeing people throw $1,000s of $1,000s of dollars into a computer and wonder what they could possibly be using them for when I can barely find a use for a $100 card lol.

OptimusRekt, you aren't the only one. Ever since I became a PC only gamer this gen, I've been going back in time and playing a ton of games I never got to before when I had a bad computer that could barely play anything and I find these old games are far, far better in quality than what comes out now sad to say.

The Thief series, Deus Ex, The Dig, the older Hitman games, Dark Forces, classic Shadow Warrior and more.

The exception for me is Alien Isolation which is a newer game but plays like older games focusing on challenge, atmosphere and more complex gameplay. It was an amazing experience.

User Info: Biceptual

Biceptual
3 months ago#22
yohabroha posted...
OptimusRekt posted...
Can you even call pop music pop music anymore? It's all just rap music or heavy synthesized stuff that talks about girls. But I guess you could say the same about games. Is a game like Watch Dogs 2 even a game or just a bunch of memes that play on people's nostalgia? Or was the yearly space Call of Dooters adventure any different than rap music becoming all the same every year with a few different polishes here and there?

In that sense I kinda like that some companies and indie games try to emulate the past more than the new. A lot of game genres have already been perfected, it's just that when they are there is an endless supply of clones that do it worse that ruin the legacy of the original. Like how Yooka Laylee is generally a disrespect to Banjo Kazooie (I haven't played either), or Mighty No. 9 is a disrespect to Mega Man (I have played both of these, I actually liked Mighty No. 9 even if it was flawed and different). Or how any new Call of Duty disrespects the original ones in pretty much every way imaginable.

pop music is just popular music, so yeah you can call it that. also, katy perry, lady gaga, etc. are all just replacing madonna and blondie, so to act as if its somehow different is a little weird. even the music sounds the same with all the synthesizers

Times are good.

Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Tay Swift >>>>>>> Madonna, Blondie

Metallica's new album is badass.

PC gaming is really f***in awesome right now. My PC has nearly every game, movie, tv show, song that has ever touched my life, almost instantly accessible. So many programs available to do pretty much anything.<3 PC. WIN 10 FTW

Just need live sports broadcasts widely available from the big stations. Running some shady s*** found in a dark alley of Kodi somewhere is not really my cup of tea.
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: Biceptual#1627 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
Origin: Biceptual0 | Twitch: Biceptual0

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#23
Biceptual posted...
yohabroha posted...
OptimusRekt posted...
Can you even call pop music pop music anymore? It's all just rap music or heavy synthesized stuff that talks about girls. But I guess you could say the same about games. Is a game like Watch Dogs 2 even a game or just a bunch of memes that play on people's nostalgia? Or was the yearly space Call of Dooters adventure any different than rap music becoming all the same every year with a few different polishes here and there?

In that sense I kinda like that some companies and indie games try to emulate the past more than the new. A lot of game genres have already been perfected, it's just that when they are there is an endless supply of clones that do it worse that ruin the legacy of the original. Like how Yooka Laylee is generally a disrespect to Banjo Kazooie (I haven't played either), or Mighty No. 9 is a disrespect to Mega Man (I have played both of these, I actually liked Mighty No. 9 even if it was flawed and different). Or how any new Call of Duty disrespects the original ones in pretty much every way imaginable.

pop music is just popular music, so yeah you can call it that. also, katy perry, lady gaga, etc. are all just replacing madonna and blondie, so to act as if its somehow different is a little weird. even the music sounds the same with all the synthesizers

Times are good.

Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Tay Swift >>>>>>> Madonna, Blondie

Metallica's new album is badass.

PC gaming is really f***in awesome right now. My PC has nearly every game, movie, tv show, song that has ever touched my life, almost instantly accessible. So many programs available to do pretty much anything.<3 PC. WIN 10 FTW

Just need live sports broadcasts widely available from the big stations. Running some shady s*** found in a dark alley of Kodi somewhere is not really my cup of tea.

Metallica has sucked for a long ass time now
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Biceptual

Biceptual
3 months ago#24
Wrong. They were awesome at soldier field 2 months ago.
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: Biceptual#1627 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
Origin: Biceptual0 | Twitch: Biceptual0

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#25
Biceptual posted...
Wrong. They were awesome at soldier field 2 months ago.

Ever since James can't sing the way he used to back in the day and had to change the way he sings is just not good at all. Also all their new songs from the last 15 years have all been very bad.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC Gaming is so weird

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived