This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VR is not dead

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. VR is not dead

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#11
Fade2black001 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
VR never was dead, whoever thinks this is ignorant as f***

3D is dead, but not VR. I mean stuff like 3D TVs.

Yea definitely along with 3D monitors but its not completely dead as it is used by the movie industry

Wouldn't surprise me if VR did completely kill off most 3D applications though in time. I mean, they have already started integrating VR in to some roller-coasters. It seems to me like most everything the 3D tech still has going for it (Movies, Amusement park attractions, etc) can be done even better with VR.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#12
Edavy89 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Yea definitely along with 3D monitors but its not completely dead as it is used by the movie industry

Wouldn't surprise me if VR did completely kill off most 3D applications though in time. I mean, they have already started integrating VR in to some roller-coasters. It seems to me like most everything the 3D tech still has going for it (Movies, Amusement park attractions, etc) can be done even better with VR.

Yep VR is FAR superior and and will make 3D completely obsolete
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#13
Edavy89 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

For now movies will still be viable for 3D, imagine if everyone stole a VR set at a movie theater. So ya only at movies will 3D survive, everywhere else VR will take over.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#14
BrokenMachine85 posted...
It's like 3D, wearing peripherals in the living room doesn't generally do well with the mass market.

3D died a gory death and so will VR.
The picture isn't as good, and movement is clunky in games that weren't specifically designed for it.
It's a dead fad walking.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
4 months ago#15
Hopefully RE7 gets a VR patch in January. That should sell a few more headsets. I'm definitely going to buy a Vive if that happens.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
4 months ago#16
Born Lucky posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...
It's like 3D, wearing peripherals in the living room doesn't generally do well with the mass market.

The picture isn't as good, and movement is clunky in games that weren't specifically designed for it.
It's a dead fad walking.

VR won't die. It may day for home use but not for businesses. If you don't understand why, you've never used VR.

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#17
Born Lucky posted...
It's a dead fad walking.

You're obviously a visionary looking into the future like that.

I mean, let's look back at the cellphone's beginnings.

"Cell phones are going to die a gory death. They're big, clunky, cost a fortune, the battery life is pathetic, and everyone should clearly just stick to using land lines and answering machines."

Thank you Nostrildamus because your predictions stink It's so good of you to tell us how things are bad and there is just no way that anything will ever get better so that's why it's going to die.

Hey, let's take another more relevant example:

"PC gaming? Hah, those things are for spreadsheets and email. Have you seen the graphics?
http://i.imgur.com/jsSPwD5.png
It's horrible! You only get like 4 colors and they're not even really very good choices. What is that? Purple? Blue black and white? Hell, some of them only have black and green or black and amber! There's no way they'll ever be able to put more pixels together and make better colors so obviously PC should just stick to businesses."

Yeah, I'm sure there was someone back then saying that kind of stuff exactly. Thank Goodness we have people like Born Lucky to tell us how the future is going to be so we don't waste our time on stuff like PC gaming, Cellphones and VR.

Meanwhile in the real world, there's already people figuring out ways to improve on what we've got with wireless for the Vive already available (through China, but soon domestically available), eye tracking for the Vive (in dev kits), feet tracking via the tracking pucks, Finger tracking via the new "Knuckles" controllers, better displays are obviously on the way, better methods of rendering, and of course businesses are able to find ways to use VR that small minded people would be hard pressed to come up with.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
4 months ago#18
This thread just made me swear out loud because I was part of the party that said GalGun would be the perfect thing to be in VR, and that I would be more interested in it if they made it VR.

And well here we f***ing are, they found there market, made a thing, and are shoving my own words down my throat.

Someone buy it for me or at least buy it for yourself and tell me how it compares to the normal game and/or rather or not it's worth my time and $25.

Edit: PS TC: You missed the fact that Hop Step Sing! already has 2 songs out already, at least link people something they can experience RIGHT NOW!:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3859/Hop_Step_Sing_Fan_Club/

...yes it's on my wishlist and I can't bring myself to buy it either. It's apparently basically just an Idol concert with a couple songs. I mean, $5 is cheaper for a couple songs than one would probably have to pay to get into an Idol concert, and you can listen to it infinitely...buuut.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#19
cody4783 posted...
buy it for yourself

I just got paid so I'm about to do just that. If you want to spectate me when I'm playing it you're welcome to watch.

Actually the one thing that I've heard about it that sounds like it might not be the BEST game is the fact that there's no story to it this time around. It probably still follows the original story somewhat, but without all the scenes where you're trying to pull your girlfriend out of the sticky paper or push her fat ass out the window she's stuck in...

It would ALSO be nice if there was some sort of loyalty discount for owning the non VR Gal*Gun game, but sadly, no...
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
4 months ago#20
arleas posted...
cody4783 posted...
buy it for yourself

I just got paid so I'm about to do just that. If you want to spectate me when I'm playing it you're welcome to watch.

I have no idea how spectating works in VR but that's damn tempting.

I don't get paid until Monday, and just got through buying birthday gifts and taking a family member out to dinner this week, so I'm trying to hold off on random purchases at least until payday. >_>
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. VR is not dead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived