This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VR is not dead

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. VR is not dead

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#31
cody4783 posted...
Haven't played Double Peace yet, as mentioned.

It's fun, and there's multiple routes to go through, little secrets to find, multiple paths in each area, etc. It can be played from start to finish in one sitting so you don't need to feel like it's a huge endeavor to start up the game, and if you're into collecting, there's lots of "data" to collect to complete all of the bio information on each girl.

The $90 DLC is ridiculous but also totally unnecessary. I wouldn't waste my money on that. I think they probably did it just to see if anyone would be dumb enough to pay for it, and when they saw that they were, then why take it down or lower the price? eh?

I was actually led to believe that the VR Gal*Gun game was going to be a new special route through the game but maybe that's a PSVR version that they had in the works? I'm guessing they made this because it was simple to turn on VR mode in Unreal Engine and change a few things to make it work better with motion controls. I think if they built the game from the ground up for VR it would be different.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
2 months ago#32
VR won't die, but it won't be as big as people hoped--not for a long while. Primarily because VR has a number of practical applications as the technology can be refined. As a consumer product, it'll likely stay relatively niche however.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#33
BrokenMachine85 posted...
It's like 3D, wearing peripherals in the living room doesn't generally do well with the mass market.

VR could pretty easily replace TVs entirely if the tech ever got good enough. Imagine if shows were recorded specifically for VR, and instead of a TV you just had a few VR sets that picked up what ever streams or channels you wanted to watch

VR has SO many possibilities, it's not going to die. It goes far beyond just gaming
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#34
Even if gaming on VR dies, it will still live on in other applications. Its a great educational tool and and either VR or AR will live on.

Its not going anywhere, better learn to like it.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
2 months ago#35
good_mangorush posted...
VR is not dead

Contrast to other actual gimmicks - how many indie devs supported motion controls (now back in fashion since they have an actual practical use inside VR), 3D (nobody, even when it was being pushed) etc after those fads died off?

The key difference between VR and other gimmicks that haters love to champion so often is that VR headsets are now in peoples hands. There will always at the very least be indie devs making games for these headsets. Now that it's finally out in consumer friendly form, it is impossible for it to die 'again'.

R_Jackal posted...
it won't be as big as people hoped

Which people? HTC are reportedly happy with their numbers and Sony more than doubled their sales expectations.
Hillary For Prison 2017

User Info: megamanzero1000

megamanzero1000
2 months ago#36
I have no idea why people respond seriously to something like this

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
2 months ago#37
Its dead on PC but devs continue to support PSV
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 months ago#38
Knighted Dragon posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...
It's like 3D, wearing peripherals in the living room doesn't generally do well with the mass market.

VR could pretty easily replace TVs entirely if the tech ever got good enough. Imagine if shows were recorded specifically for VR, and instead of a TV you just had a few VR sets that picked up what ever streams or channels you wanted to watch

VR has SO many possibilities, it's not going to die. It goes far beyond just gaming

The big hurdle is getting the mass market to embrace and adopt that.
R5 1600X OC | GTX 1080 OC | 16GB DDR4 | SSD | 28" Acer 4K
i7 3930K OC | GTX 980 OC | 16GB DDR3 | SSD | 42" LG 1080p
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. VR is not dead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived