This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a good fairly cheap PC controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's a good fairly cheap PC controller?

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
4 months ago#11
You can often find wired Xbox 360 controllers for $20-25. Probably the cheapest 'quality' controller you'll find.

Anything wireless is going to be in the $40+ range, most likely. That would be your Dualshock 4 and Xbox One controllers. I believe the Steam controller occasionally drops to $35 during Steam sales.

Personally I still use wired 360 controllers just because I bought 2 on sale a couple years back for $20 a piece and they haven't died on me yet. If it's not broke, I don't feel the need to fix it. I own a Steam controller but am a lazy bastard about configuring games for it and adapting, really. Half the time I've found I don't like a lot of user profiles and rebind stuff anyway.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 months ago#12
Wired X360 controllers are like $25 on Amazon.

User Info: klienx

klienx
4 months ago#13
Im using tronsmart mars g01 wireless controller bought it for 10 bucks windows detects it as xbox 360 controller so you can us it at any games without problems

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
4 months ago#14
Born Lucky posted...
xbox 360

Cheaper than the X1 and works perfectly

I'd go with this too.
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
4 months ago#15
just spend the money for an xbox one controller; one will last you long enough to get your moneys worth and they have the least compatibility issues.
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | GTX 980Ti FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro/2TB Seagate | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV05

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 months ago#16
I've been disappointed with my Xbox One S controller. It has connection issues. I can't tell if it's just really flakey, or if the bluetooth adapter I have sucks, or if the brand new cable I have plugged into it is junk, or if the connection to the controller is junk. It will just crap out for a few seconds sometimes, completely random.
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's a good fairly cheap PC controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived