This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

User Info: tslu

tslu
2 months ago#101
personally i find poe too easy. i basically used one active the skill to clear all 10 acts.. i had crap drops also. i basically used orbs on white weapons..

the passive tree might seem huge and complicated at first but its really not much different then putting attributes and skill points synergies in d2.

i havent played diablo 3 in years but clearing hell mode was insanely tough when d3 first came out. some of those unique packs killed me a dozen times.

really dont care about end game map grinding because im not into that sort of thing. once i clear a game i move on.

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
2 months ago#102
tslu posted...
personally i find poe too easy. i basically used one active the skill to clear all 10 acts.. i had crap drops also. i basically used orbs on white weapons..

the passive tree might seem huge and complicated at first but its really not much different then putting attributes and skill points synergies in d2.

i havent played diablo 3 in years but clearing hell mode was insanely tough when d3 first came out. some of those unique packs killed me a dozen times.

really dont care about end game map grinding because im not into that sort of thing. once i clear a game i move on.

not to sound like a jerk...

You are a very small portion of players that do that when it comes to these types of games. Most players who play these types of games do it to not only min\max but also to play postgame content...

Maps for Path of exile.. is far harder than anything in the main game...... you can beat the main game with pretty much any build and the worst loot.

its not until maps though that the meat of the game comes in.

You havent really cleared the game until you destroy the highest tier maps and clear all postgame content.

this is why you found poe too easy.... what you played was merely a fraction.

youre missing out on alot of content for skipping everything after just the main acts.

alas its your choice and i wont tell you how to play the game. im just letting you know that you cant really say a game is too easy when you didnt play half the content.
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

tslu
2 months ago#103
u mean grinding maps for better gear and move on? how is that suppose to be hard? ive seen the videos and they arent doing anything different then what im doing. any game can make a post game where u grind maps with increasing difficulties. its really lazy development imo i rather play another game or do something else.

besides isnt the whole reason people praising the game so hard now is the new acts and how much bigger and better the story is?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#104
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...

You are a very small portion of players that do that when it comes to these types of games. Most players who play these types of games do it to not only min\max but also to play postgame content...

Maps for Path of exile.. is far harder than anything in the main game...... you can beat the main game with pretty much any build and the worst loot.

You havent really cleared the game until you destroy the highest tier maps and clear all postgame content.

youre missing out on alot of content for skipping everything after just the main acts.

alas its your choice and i wont tell you how to play the game. im just letting you know that you cant really say a game is too easy when you didnt play half the content.

This is false... I am trying to go through the main story and made it to act 6 and I am having extreme difficulty passing the first map to it
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

ZaruenKosai
2 months ago#105
tslu posted...
u mean grinding maps for better gear and move on? how is that suppose to be hard? ive seen the videos and they arent doing anything different then what im doing. any game can make a post game where u grind maps with increasing difficulties. its really lazy development imo i rather play another game or do something else.

besides isnt the whole reason people praising the game so hard now is the new acts and how much bigger and better the story is?

Grinding Maps for better gear to conquer the other postgame content.. such as uber bosses \ uber maps \ etc. (the uber content has specific rare items that can only be gotten there, these are usually far more powerful than your average unique )

Also once you conquer all the postgame content ( which clearly you havent.) You can start thinking of or farming for gear for other builds that caught your eye.

honestly.. i dont think anything i say is going to convince you to continue playing this game at this point.

You went into this game with the wrong expectations..

Fade2black001 posted...
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...

This is false... I am trying to go through the main story and made it to act 6 and I am having extreme difficulty passing the first map to it

it depends alot on which build you chose, how familiar you are with these types of games and whether or not you researched your build and built accordingly.

first time players using a recently nerfed build will have a much harder time than veteran players or new players that chose Flavor of the Month, current meta builds.

Im not sure which build either of you used.. but im guessing this is the reason for the discrepancy.

tslu
2 months ago#106
i grew up in the era of arcade games where it takes skills to get high scores and complete content. when i see a game that makes u grind to get get there instead of using your skills its a big turnoff.

im sorry u are wrong in this case. majority of players are in the same boat as i am concerning end game grind.

just look at the huge jump of players when this expansion hit. u think its going to stay like that because the majority of people play for end game?? dont be silly.

people came back for new content and might dabble a bit in end game. majority of people could careless about clearing all ubers and gearing multiple builds otherwise the playerbase would be much higher pre-expansion.

ZaruenKosai
2 months ago#107
tslu posted...
i grew up in the era of arcade games where it takes skills to get high scores and complete content. when i see a game that makes u grind to get get there instead of using your skills its a big turnoff.

im sorry u are wrong in this case. majority of players are in the same boat as i am concerning end game grind.

just look at the huge jump of players when this expansion hit. u think its going to stay like that because the majority of people play for end game?? dont be silly.

people came back for new content and might dabble a bit in end game. majority of people could careless about clearing all ubers and gearing multiple builds otherwise the playerbase would be much higher pre-expansion.

well you have proven my point..... this isnt an arcade game.. and believe it or not.. actually a vast majority of the players play this game for the grinding for better gear.

thats what these types of games are all about.

Diablo 3 is exactly the same way.

i have respect for your mad arcade skills (not being sarcastic either.)

But this game is not an arcade game.

Im not sure what you were expecting from this ... Have you ever played these types of games before? It really seems like you went in with the wrong expectations.

and im not wrong.... the influx of players comes from seeing what improvements were made to the overall game... and what postgame content was added... not just about the main game... i would even say that most influx of players is from old players that were just waiting for the game to have a huge amount of overall development in gameplay and balance.... because they were burnt out on the game.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#108
tslu posted...

I think you're lying.

tslu
2 months ago#109
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...

well you have proven my point..... this isnt an arcade game.. and believe it or not.. actually a vast majority of the players play this game for the grinding for better gear.

thats what these types of games are all about.

Diablo 3 is exactly the same way.

i have respect for your mad arcade skills (not being sarcastic either.)

But this game is not an arcade game.

Im not sure what you were expecting from this ... Have you ever played these types of games before? It really seems like you went in with the wrong expectations.

and im not wrong.... the influx of players comes from seeing what improvements were made to the overall game... and what postgame content was added... not just about the main game... i would even say that most influx of players is from old players that were just waiting for the game to have a huge amount of overall development in gameplay and balance.... because they were burnt out on the game.

i said game was easy and not complicated and you called me out on it.

how was i wrong? i never said it was bad.

people hate on d3 because its easy and simple according to a lot poe fans. im just saying to me this game is easy and simple.

i can use the same arguement for the way poe fans hate d3. they came in expecting d2.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#110
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...

Grinding Maps for better gear to conquer the other postgame content.. such as uber bosses \ uber maps \ etc. (the uber content has specific rare items that can only be gotten there, these are usually far more powerful than your average unique )

Also once you conquer all the postgame content ( which clearly you havent.) You can start thinking of or farming for gear for other builds that caught your eye.

honestly.. i dont think anything i say is going to convince you to continue playing this game at this point.

You went into this game with the wrong expectations..

Fade2black001 posted...
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...

it depends alot on which build you chose, how familiar you are with these types of games and whether or not you researched your build and built accordingly.

first time players using a recently nerfed build will have a much harder time than veteran players or new players that chose Flavor of the Month, current meta builds.

Im not sure which build either of you used.. but im guessing this is the reason for the discrepancy.

I am using a summoner build and built it accordingly and have been playing ARPGs since D1
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived