This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
1 month ago#111
tslu posted...
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...
i grew up in the era of arcade games where it takes skills to get high scores and complete content. when i see a game that makes u grind to get get there instead of using your skills its a big turnoff.

im sorry u are wrong in this case. majority of players are in the same boat as i am concerning end game grind.

just look at the huge jump of players when this expansion hit. u think its going to stay like that because the majority of people play for end game?? dont be silly.

people came back for new content and might dabble a bit in end game. majority of people could careless about clearing all ubers and gearing multiple builds otherwise the playerbase would be much higher pre-expansion.

well you have proven my point..... this isnt an arcade game.. and believe it or not.. actually a vast majority of the players play this game for the grinding for better gear.

thats what these types of games are all about.

Diablo 3 is exactly the same way.

i have respect for your mad arcade skills (not being sarcastic either.)

But this game is not an arcade game.

Im not sure what you were expecting from this ... Have you ever played these types of games before? It really seems like you went in with the wrong expectations.

and im not wrong.... the influx of players comes from seeing what improvements were made to the overall game... and what postgame content was added... not just about the main game... i would even say that most influx of players is from old players that were just waiting for the game to have a huge amount of overall development in gameplay and balance.... because they were burnt out on the game.

i said game was easy and not complicated and you called me out on it.

how was i wrong? i never said it was bad.

people hate on d3 because its easy and simple according to a lot poe fans. im just saying to me this game is easy and simple.

i can use the same arguement for the way poe fans hate d3. they came in expecting d2.

no.. what you are saying is that with your specific build (what is it by the way?) that what you played of the game was simple and easy.

You cant say the whole game is easy because you havent played the whole game.
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#112
tslu posted...

how was i wrong?

Either you're the only person on the planet who thinks Path of Exile is easy, or you're lying so we'll think you're the only person on the planet who thinks Path of Exile is easy.

User Info: tslu

tslu
1 month ago#113
ElDudorino posted...
tslu posted...

how was i wrong?

Either you're the only person on the planet who thinks Path of Exile is easy, or you're lying so we'll think you're the only person on the planet who thinks Path of Exile is easy.

yes im the only one. its always sad to see fans blindly defend games. even the devs said it was too easy and they plan on bumping up the difficulty but its just me because im a hater.

do me a favor and google path of exile too easy site:www.pathofexile.com

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
1 month ago#114
tslu posted...
ElDudorino posted...
tslu posted...

how was i wrong?

yes im the only one. its always sad to see fans blindly defend games. even the devs said it was too easy and they plan on bumping up the difficulty but its just me because im a hater.

please post your build.
and play maps\uber content before posting a game is too easy.
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

tslu
1 month ago#115
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...
ElDudorino posted...
tslu posted...

how was i wrong?

please post your build.
and play maps\uber content before posting a game is too easy.

from the poe news feed on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434714714/announcements/detail/143931697456731781

"The most common feedback is that the league content isn't challenging enough"

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#116
PoE, play for an hour than read about the needlessly complicated bulls*** in the game for 3 hours
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: LtMessiahDM504

LtMessiahDM504
1 month ago#117
The problem with statements like its too easy or its too hard is there isn't a definite experience. If you play cyclone, it will be much harder than someone who is playing lightning arrow/barrage, but it will be easier than someone who is playing elemental hit (lol).

The game can be easy and it can be hard. At the end of the day, I don't believe there is a huge skill ceiling as opposed to a gear ceiling.

The difference in gear makes a much more drastic difference than the difference in skill. Plus the game throws swarms at you so its in your best interest to kill things as quickly as possible. The amount of damage regular monsters do is kind of silly, and rares can easily one shot you depending on mods.

Map mods are a number change though. You have less resistances, move slower, deal less damage, etc.

The best map mods are Beyond. In terms of having fun, beyond maps get insanely fun with high packsize.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#118
tslu posted...
from the poe news feed on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434714714/announcements/detail/143931697456731781

"The most common feedback is that the league content isn't challenging enough"

Um yeah, that sentence doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. It's specifically a reference to harbingers, and not a reference to the content in the campaigns such as the act 10 boss which is generally considered somewhere between hard and unfair. And you didn't even answer Zaruen's question, which is suspect.

tslu
1 month ago#119
um yeah, they said league content... they didnt specify harbingers.

they specify issues with the harbinger later on in the sentence...

User Info: WhiteRosse

WhiteRosse
1 month ago#120
Fade2black001 posted...
And yet I am beginning to think that D3 is the much better game still.

I agree with you sometimes.
But this isn't one of those times.
Xbox One X
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived