This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#131
ZaruenKosai posted...
Grim dawn suffers from huge stash issues though, sure you can use external stash programs but its not practical and not without its own issues.

A well-designed program like GDStash is very practical to use, at least if you have multiple monitors. There are, however, the impossible to ignore/avoid issues of keeping stashes properly saved so as to not lose items.

Frankly, I'd like to see something closer to how PlugY works in Diablo 2, but at the very least seeing it in mod form would be problematic at best due to Grim Dawn's one-mod-only format.

LtMessiahDM504 posted...
Incinerate is another example of a popular skill no one uses anymore because of devs bombarding the skill with every hammer in sight.

I actually used Incinerate last league. Incinerate with Cast Whine Channelling and Firestorm. It was pretty fun, but as I was playing a Marauder I needed to use those projectile gloves which imparted an annoying bit of knockback along with the projectile speed bonus. I ended up switching to Scorching Ray towards the end of the league due to its superior range.

I don't know what Incinerate was like a few years ago because it never piqued my interest, but right now it feels like the biggest problem with Incinerate is how much better Scorching Ray is in most cases.

Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Anywho, the big differences are Class Sets vs. No Class Sets for your first point

Incorrect. Class sets are irrelevant to "build diversity" in World of Diablocraft. The problem is almost entirely with the players and how too many of them have a patent inability to run lower rifts or on lower Torment values even though there's no logical reason to so limit yourself in a game where there's no content difference between T1 and T13.

Contrast this with Path of Exile where you need gear and a build meeting specific requirements to fight specific bosses or do specific content. It's very much an apples:oranges comparison thanks to how Blizzard implemented "difficulty" in their game.

DaedalusEx posted...
In PoE, skills/items generally can't be integrated into a build without planning to use them.

I'd say that that's heavily dependent both on how generalized or specialized your build is and how much diversity there is in the sort of combat your character is working with. I decided to run a Blight-based character at the start of the current league, and since then I've changed it from pure Blight for offensive work to Blight with Molten Orb (and a pair of Consuming Darks) on Cast While Channelling, and even removed Blight altogether, swapping it for Wither.

I'm not necessarily arguing that "generally" isn't accurate so much as that the term might give readers the idea that your options are more limited than they actually are.

ZaruenKosai posted...
im guessing this is the reason for the discrepancy.

Grinding Gear Games over-tuned the new content rather badly, IMNSHO. Post-Act 5, even post-Act 4 to a degree, the game feels like you should have your resistances at 75% at all times at a minimum. Frankly, this sort of thing seems less reasonable as time goes by and makes me wish that Grinding Gear Games would just remove resistances altogether and nerf rares to have one or two less suffix "slots" to compensate.

I mean if you're going to make it so that capped resistances aren't rewarded and sub-capped resistances are punished then you might as well just eliminate them all together since players are going to be capping them. Otherwise it's just slot/gear-wasting busywork that doesn't improve the game for all practical purposes.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#132
Marikhen posted...
I mean if you're going to make it so that capped resistances aren't rewarded and sub-capped resistances are punished then you might as well just eliminate them all together since players are going to be capping them. Otherwise it's just slot/gear-wasting busywork that doesn't improve the game for all practical purposes.

I heartily agree with this. It feels like an unnecessary chore.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#133
ZaruenKosai posted...
tslu posted...
if i show u a screenshot of my character in game what will u do? u already multiple insinuation about me in this topic due to your blind fandom of this game.

what difference does it make what build i used? i used a bunch of melee skills

focused on 2h and a couple life boost passives.

as long as you show a screenshot of the right stuff and not just random stuff irrelevant to your build.

So you had like 5 or 6 different melee action skills?

Like Heavy Strike + Sunder + Leap Slam + Dominating Blow.

(The above is just an example.)

the difference is that some builds are far more powerful than others.

3 hours later, no build upload. Is it safe to say he was full of it?

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
2 months ago#134
tslu is completely full of s***. And hasn't even posted this godlike build that clears all acts no problem.

I have a buddy who has played probably 10,000 hours of POE or more. He's very proficient at the game and knows more than I can imagine about it. Even he said some of the bosses of the new acts are overtuned and pretty hard. He's done all content previous to this league, from shaper to uber atziri.

tslu posted...
if i show u a screenshot of my character in game what will u do? u already multiple insinuation about me in this topic due to your blind fandom of this game.

what difference does it make what build i used? i used a bunch of melee skills

focused on 2h and a couple life boost passives.

Lol. So you just spammed a bunch of random melee skills? That's really not how poe works. If you're using sunder, cyclone, earthquake and another melee skill then I'd be surprised if you got past act 5. A new character, with 3 or 4+ melee abilities, not supported by any support gems, using 'life boost passives' w/e the f*** that is, isn't gonna kill s*** dude.

Also 'league content' refers to league content AKA the harbingers. I'm not sure how you can't grasp that, I'm guessing you've never played a league before.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#135
I personally don't care whether tslu is lying or not, but he does have a point in that posting "proof" won't really matter much. He could post screenshots and folks could just as easily disparage them as coming from other players/characters. Likewise he could make his character information public and link his account info, and people could just as easily claim that it's someone else's account.

Any corroborating data that he might post would, at best, go to show that someone somewhere did something but not that that someone was him, that that somewhere was "story mode," and that something was zipping through the content and making it look easy.

That said, I dunno about attack-based builds this league, but just about any Cast While Channelling build is likely going to melt stuff. Molten Orb with a pair of its unique jewels is pretty devastating against trash and fairly effective against bosses. Toss in a pair of Consuming Dark daggers and get some more, and more interesting, options available for slaughtering stuff.

With some of the new mods I've seen on gear it wouldn't surprise me to see a solid attack-based build mincing "story mode" despite it being over-tuned.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#136
I agree with anyone saying shuffling gear around to re-balance resists is pointless busywork in PoE. Should definitely be streamlined.

I buy my items, then find out I have a lot of currency, want to get better jewelry and find out if I swap rings I would need to completely change other equipment to accommodate. Just boring and pointless.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: LtMessiahDM504

LtMessiahDM504
2 months ago#137
Marikhen posted...
I actually used Incinerate last league. Incinerate with Cast Whine Channelling and Firestorm. It was pretty fun, but as I was playing a Marauder I needed to use those projectile gloves which imparted an annoying bit of knockback along with the projectile speed bonus. I ended up switching to Scorching Ray towards the end of the league due to its superior range.

I don't know what Incinerate was like a few years ago because it never piqued my interest, but right now it feels like the biggest problem with Incinerate is how much better Scorching Ray is in most cases.

Incinerate used to be way more powerful, and it also could be supported via spell echo. I am not sure if there was another nerf besides those 2, but those 2 were plenty enough to take a meta skill and turn it into dogs***. It wasn't even as meta as Blade Vortex or Flurry, but it got a nerf way worse than both of those. High damage at the cost of standing still.

Tyranius2 posted...
I agree with anyone saying shuffling gear around to re-balance resists is pointless busywork in PoE. Should definitely be streamlined.

I buy my items, then find out I have a lot of currency, want to get better jewelry and find out if I swap rings I would need to completely change other equipment to accommodate. Just boring and pointless.

Can you imagine my dismay? Doomfletch Prism Pathfinder. With flasks up 279 all resists. Took 4-5 hours to balance those resists. They nerf one node from 14 - 10 and now I am back at it to rebalance them. Finally got them back to 247 now but lost damage with the gear I have to use. Now, I don't even know if I care enough to play this character anymore.

ElDudorino
2 months ago#138
Wait, I'm missing something. Why 279? 135 caps you at Merciless with no elemental weakness and 169 caps you in Elemental Weakness maps, no? Give or take 1 or 2 points if you have a slightly higher cap.

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
2 months ago#139
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

Can you imagine my dismay? Doomfletch Prism Pathfinder. With flasks up 279 all resists. Took 4-5 hours to balance those resists. They nerf one node from 14 - 10 and now I am back at it to rebalance them. Finally got them back to 247 now but lost damage with the gear I have to use. Now, I don't even know if I care enough to play this character anymore.

Are you really trying to cap chaos resist? Not really worth imo. Even the chayula breachlord was a joke with some budget ass chaos resist gear.

I will agree with having to gear up for resists and shuffling gear around, watching poe.trade like a hawk, sucks dick. As soon as I get to mapping that's one of the worst, most time consuming things to do in poe. Not sure how they'd streamline it though.

ElDudorino
2 months ago#140
AnatomyHorror posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

Are you really trying to cap chaos resist? Not really worth imo. Even the chayula breachlord was a joke with some budget ass chaos resist gear.

I will agree with having to gear up for resists and shuffling gear around, watching poe.trade like a hawk, sucks dick. As soon as I get to mapping that's one of the worst, most time consuming things to do in poe. Not sure how they'd streamline it though.

I think they should stop balancing the game around capped resists and make resistance a small optional thing. The way it's set up right now doesn't even make sense. On an ES build with zero armour (or an evasion build if such a thing exists), a huge physical hit is just slightly worse than a huge flame blast or whatever when you're running capped resists, and the flame blast is absolutely devastating if your resists are only at say 40%. It seems to me that the game should be balanced around no resistance and resistance should be a scarce but valuable commodity. Then 14% resists would mean taking 14% less of a severe but survivable amount of damage so it would be a great bonus, instead of the current situation where 75% resists mean taking 75% less of an amount of damage that would otherwise kill you twice over. When the max is the standard, it might as well be the minimum.

Of course, this would mean completely reworking the current gear setup so mid-league might not be the best time to do it, but if they started a new league with a complete rework to resists and elemental damage it would open up possibilities for all kinds of item affixes being used instead of the scenario we have now where you want life + three resists + movement speed on boots, so 5 proper mods minimum, for them not to be trash.

EDIT> It's a slight exaggeration with boots requiring 5 mods minimum because you could get those resists from your other gear but it's still really bad the way it's balanced right now.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived