This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#21
Orestes417 posted...
Funny how PoE fanboys forget you'd pay about the same amount just for the storage tabs and character slots in the Necro pack.

What are you trying to say in this post? In Path of Exile you can have 24 characters for free. Extra tabs are $2 or $1.50 on sale or you can buy them in bulk to pay even less, and you don't need them to play since you have ample storage space without them. Having one premium tab will make selling stuff on poe.trade easier but people did just fine before public tabs existed so it's hardly a requirement.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#22
Edavy89 posted...
I have fun with both games. Yay for not being dumb!

I've had fun with both too, own D3 on PC, 360 and XB1, but it's just a fun casual game to get into and a Necromancer class costing 15 USD just goes to show little Blizzard value their fanbase and with the newest PoE patch, it's significantly better than D3.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
2 months ago#23
Jedi454 posted...
Edavy89 posted...
I have fun with both games. Yay for not being dumb!

I've had fun with both too, own D3 on PC, 360 and XB1, but it's just a fun casual game to get into and a Necromancer class costing 15 USD just goes to show little Blizzard value their fanbase and with the newest PoE patch, it's significantly better than D3.

Significantly different, given they are within the same genre. Better is pretty subjective though, based entirely on what you are currently looking for in a game.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#24
Jedi454 posted...
Can't forget that dreadful real money auction house that was in the game for over a year.

Yes, the RMAH that was so dreadful that had it remained in the game Blizzard might have released the recent class pack as a free update instead of a paid for update.

GXL_Leon posted...
POE is a harder game

Harder in what way? They're both ARPGs where stats trump all, and there's no fundamental difference between doing tier 14 maps with crap gear in Path of Exile and doing bounties with World of Diablocraft set to Torment 10 while you're using plain, non-ancient legendaries.

Orestes417 posted...
Funny how PoE fanboys forget you'd pay about the same amount just for the storage tabs and character slots in the Necro pack.

Funny how Path of Exile detractors bringing up tab costs conveniently forget that you can create mule accounts for free and that each mule account has, at maximum characters, approximately 10 storage tabs worth of space.

Kogepan posted...
On quick look....f2p.......no thanks. I dont even have enough time for games I pay for

Out of curiosity, why? If you've already paid for the games then they'll be there whether you play another game or not, and there are plenty of reasons to play, or not play, Path of Exile other than its lack of a price tag.

FantasticGabe posted...
The classes are boring as hell from what I played.

Were you trying to play them in a thematic fashion? Classes are effectively guidelines on how you can play, not the total arbiters of how you should play that they are in most other non-Bethesda ARPGs, and as such there is nothing that stops you from playing a Duelist or Ranger that specializes in projectile spells. Both classes start out in sections of the passive grid that have a lot of projectile bonuses that apply to spells as well as attacks. Likewise by making use of interesting uniques like the Cybil's Paw claws you could do a (non-projectile) spell-casting Duelist fairly well. For that matter, despite being around many cast/spell nodes the Witch has a good bit of potential as a melee or ranged combatant if you're creative enough in passive and gear choices.

Last league I had a Marauder, the class that most people will peg as 2H/tank, that was purely a caster, and he did pretty well for the most part. A few leagues ago I did a Duelist that dual wielded wands, primarily a caster weapon, and had a goodly bit of fun with him. Between the two I had a melee Ranger that was based around building up frenzy charges so that her weapons would cause projectiles to chain between enemies, and she'd flood the screen with lightning bolts thanks to having something like 9 attacks per second.

If you can't like it, however, then you just can't like it, and that's no fault of yours. My point is simply that with the passive grid set up so that class is more of a guideline than a rule you don't need to limit your build choice(s) to what you think is thematic for the class the way you would in another game where your builds are defined by your class choice.

Edit: In a very real sense, World of Diablocraft players face a similar issue. Most are too used to "must have best gear for end-game" rat race that they can't take a step back and realize that "end-game" starts, and effectively stops, at Torment 1. They complain about set items and lack of build diversity, but not once do they realize that using a more fun build that can only run Torment 3 or 4 offers no fundamental difference in terms of content or gameplay. The stat modifiers are best used to tweak the "difficulty" to your build, but most players don't seem to view them that way for some reason.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 months ago#25
I wanted to like PoE but something about it rubs me the wrong way, it's like masturbation without the orgasm.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
2 months ago#26
Jedi454 posted...
If you bought Diablo 3 at launch

Kek. Got it 'free' by agreeing to keep my WoW subscription active for a year, which I was doing anyway. Paid £15 for the expansion, which I'm getting a lot of use out of.

Still, I didn't buy the Necromancer. £12.99 for one character and some cosmetic s*** seems a bit excessive. Maybe next season, levelled a Crusader this season.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
BREXIT WILL MAKE THE UNITED KINGDOM STRONGER!

User Info: AceFan84

AceFan84
2 months ago#27
I have no idea why people dig in so hard on "their" game in this specific genre. I play Diablo III, Grim Dawn, Torchlight II, and am getting my feet wet in PoE (played for about 15 hrs so far) and like them all. They are all different and have their own strengths and weaknesses. I've been playing these games since Diablo 1....it might be my favorite type of game overall. But I don't see the need to wave the flag for any one of them specifically....maybe it's because I'm an adult and don't feel the need to get into dick-waving contests.
Now Playing: CS:GO (PC), Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC), Skyrim: Bruma Mod (PC)
Last Finished: Max Payne 3 (PC)

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 months ago#28
Greggbird33 posted...
K
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: Laocedric16

Laocedric16
2 months ago#29
Digital Storm posted...
I wanted to like PoE but something about it rubs me the wrong way, it's like masturbation without the orgasm.

...that's surprisingly accurate.
http://i.imgur.com/G5cHOPX.jpg

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#30
Marikhen posted...
Funny how Path of Exile detractors bringing up tab costs conveniently forget that you can create mule accounts for free and that each mule account has, at maximum characters, approximately 10 storage tabs worth of space.

Wasn't worth the pain in the ass back in Diablo 2 and it sure as hell ain't worth the pain in the ass now. It's also irrelevant when comparing apples to apples prices of optional purchases.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Funny how Blizzard charged $14.99 USD for the Necromancer class...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived