This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

User Info: Gynthaeres

Gynthaeres
2 months ago#11
I'm not paying that much. Maybe $10 it'd be nice for a sort of nostalgia trip. Game's too outdated and annoying to play to really play it seriously though, at least IMO.

But then I think the people who are excited about it are probably the people whose only RTS experience are Blizzard games, so they probably won't find it nearly as clunky.
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#12
ColdOne666 posted...
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Oh they definitely are, because of the impact SC1 made.

It'll likely sell well and have good reception, so there's a good chance they'll remake D2 and eventually WC3 too. Pretty excited.

Its not a remake though. They just upgraded the graphics from late 90's to very early 2000's. It still looks like crap and plays exactly the same.

So your entire argument is "Why are people buying this game that I don't like?" And the obvious answer is because they do like it.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
2 months ago#13
Damaged7 posted...
ColdOne666 posted...

It'll likely sell well and have good reception, so there's a good chance they'll remake D2 and eventually WC3 too. Pretty excited.

Its not a remake though. They just upgraded the graphics from late 90's to very early 2000's. It still looks like crap and plays exactly the same.

So your entire argument is "Why are people buying this game that I don't like?" And the obvious answer is because they do like it.

That's pretty much everyones argument to anything if you really think about it.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
2 months ago#14
What? $15 is cheap as f***, dude.
The first 2 forms of Cell flaunted his tail, like he's Ron Jeremy. But after he absorbed 18 his tail retracted and only seemed useful for reproducing. -Byron808

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
2 months ago#15
Gynthaeres posted...
I'm not paying that much. Maybe $10 it'd be nice for a sort of nostalgia trip. Game's too outdated and annoying to play to really play it seriously though, at least IMO.

I am triggered.
The first 2 forms of Cell flaunted his tail, like he's Ron Jeremy. But after he absorbed 18 his tail retracted and only seemed useful for reproducing. -Byron808

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
2 months ago#16
LinkFanatic posted...
What? $15 is cheap as f***, dude.

It would be cheap for a remake that added onto the original game. This is the exact same game.

Your literally buying the same game twice when you can get it for free anyway.
FFX is the best game of all time. The only good Nintendo franchises are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Comics are for kids. https://i.imgur.com/LJ3WSyB.gif

User Info: JYLE_BrH

JYLE_BrH
2 months ago#17
I would pay $20 for D2... Base + Expansion...

I also really like the game. Still play. If they kept the characters' skill stats the same, I'd be down. Think we could transfer characters? lol

Aren't they talkin' about making a Diablo 2 remaster?

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 months ago#18
Axtlar posted...
ColdOne666 posted...
Aren't people playing SC2 now?

No. That's why they're remastering the first one. It's the same reason why people are playing AoE2 instead of 3.

uh and why is that? cause last i checked they nailed sc2 and it improves on sc1 in everyway.
6700K@4.5 - 980 TI - EVGA 850 - 16GB DDR4 - Z170 FTW
H110i GTX - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: IamTheInternet

IamTheInternet
2 months ago#19
iemerg_ posted...
Axtlar posted...
ColdOne666 posted...
Aren't people playing SC2 now?

No. That's why they're remastering the first one. It's the same reason why people are playing AoE2 instead of 3.

uh and why is that? cause last i checked they nailed sc2 and it improves on sc1 in everyway.

except it didnt at all. All sc2 did was lower the skill ceiling significantly and reduced the entire strategy into "1a giant deathball army into enemies deathball". If you dont like starcraft thats fine but its pretty obvious that you never played or were never good at brood war. Any one who still plays brood war today would disagree with you entirely. No one wants changes to the mechanics or engine.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
2 months ago#20
95_Eclipse posted...
Damaged7 posted...
ColdOne666 posted...

That's pretty much everyones argument to anything if you really think about it.

Maybe, and while I don't really like WoW... I'm not gonna say they are milking the game or act offended whenever a new expansion is released.

I suppose that's just how a lot of people on this site behave. They tend to prefer hating games they don't like instead of enjoying games they do like.
FC: 1221-0777-4703
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived