This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
2 months ago#21
ColdOne666 posted...
It would be cheap for a remake that added onto the original game. This is the exact same game.

Your literally buying the same game twice when you can get it for free anyway.

HD graphics tho
The first 2 forms of Cell flaunted his tail, like he's Ron Jeremy. But after he absorbed 18 his tail retracted and only seemed useful for reproducing. -Byron808

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#22
I'd buy one just to annoy TC.

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
2 months ago#23
So I'm a diamond ranked zerg in SC2 and I am not going to SC1 because SC2 already exists and I'm good at it and I'll have to relearn an entire game that basically has 1990s mechanics.
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
The cranky hermit 2 months ago#24
ColdOne666 posted...
it only just looks slightly less s***ty then last time

It looks worse. SC1 had uniform art direction. SC1:R has that common HD semi-remake problem of looking like the artwork was done by five different teams that never talked to each other. Aside from a general cheap look to almost every element (some of the units seem to have been rendered in fullbright, WTF?), there's a general clash of style with CGI stuff fighting anime-looking stuff and some SC2-ish sprite renders ontop of comic book-colored terrain.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#25
I'm buying it.
If someone else doesn't, then idgaf.
Now, say my name.

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
2 months ago#26
I just bought the pre-order and have zero regret.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 months ago#27
No, I have better things to spend twenty bucks on... like energy drinks.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: batinoari

batinoari
2 months ago#28
Lots of the ppl where i work will. They dont spend money on games and since they are all very well financially, they can afford the "luxury".

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
2 months ago#29
There's nothing wrong with paying for an updated game. They'll probably add some other cosmetic stuff since it's Blizzard and there are already preorder stuff coming out.

Again, it's blizzard, so you'll have the fanboys and girls that'll get it just to complete their battle.net accounts.

User Info: drivenby

drivenby
2 months ago#30
Lmao at not being able to afford 15usd for an update on one of the best games of all time.

Yeah I paid 50 for it 20 years ago, 2000 hours later ,who the f*** cares about paying 15usd more to be able to play it on HD with remade assets?
Posted with GameRaven 3.2.1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived