This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 months ago#51
Charged151 posted...
@Voxwik posted...
I got it but I'll probably miss the UI improvements made in SCII.

Then play Starcraft Mass Recall and get the best of both worlds.

Yep, I have it. I still bought the remaster though, just since I like the game so much. heh

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 months ago#52
Steam has trained PC Gamers to be real cheap motherf***ers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc

User Info: swatkiller546

swatkiller546
3 months ago#53
next they should remaster D2!
"A shootout is a shootout! Like a Western."

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
3 months ago#54
nominturddaddy posted...

Yep!
I'm...the...official...master...of...ellipses...

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#55
nominturddaddy posted...

As opposed to? Aren't consoles considered superior by some because you can buy a game, finish it and sell it thus making the total price lower? Or you can just buy second hand for lower prices as well. I don't see console gamers being talked about as some sort of lavish big spenders - seems they are also being cheap. So why do PC gamers deserve a special mention?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: VeggyZ

VeggyZ
3 months ago#56
vlado_e posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

As opposed to? Aren't consoles considered superior by some because you can buy a game, finish it and sell it thus making the total price lower? Or you can just buy second hand for lower prices as well. I don't see console gamers being talked about as some sort of lavish big spenders - seems they are also being cheap. So why do PC gamers deserve a special mention?

I'll explain this one gladly. Console games / prices may be cheaper IF your'e a gamer who plays a game to finish it and be done with it forever. Some like to have a collection, like myself. I like to switch between games and play old games too. Consoles are typically very restrictive when compared to the things you can do on an average game on PC, even the SAME games you can get on consoles. Whether we're talking modifications or potential options.

There's a "PC Elitism" crowd, but they're often just talking about how they dislike how restrictive consoles are, and how after building yourself a nice PC, and having all those options open to you - they can't go back.

I personally find PC gaming vastly superior with any game I've played period - if it's one of the rare games that a mouse / keyboard aren't good with, I can plug in an Xbox controller, and problem is auto-solved.

I also tend to like pushing the limits of a game - if you build your own PC it's inexpensive - do NOT BUY ALIENWARE and pre-assembled junk like that. All it took me was one single night of google searching to figure out the basics of assembling my own PC, and then all I did is plugged the plugs in the only places they could go - the hardware I use now is so far ahead of any console in terms of speed and graphical capability, I simply cannot downgrade to consoles.

Consoles are also not all that cheap now, especially on the days after release, the prices exceed even pre-assembled PC's - if you build your own, it's not bad, and it's cheaply upgrade able. I say, build a mid-level PC for a couple hundred dollars, it doesn't have to be the latest hardware, as there are budget cards, and most parts don't even need to be all that spectacular - you can build on a budget ... and then try gaming on PC. You get games cheap, you get them with no hassle, and you might just realize why there are so many PC gaming fans and why it gets special mention.

It's more different than you would think - and it's not just about graphics. Building a PC is way easier than you think it is, I promise. I always tell people, if you can build with lego's, you can build a PC - just use google to make sure you're getting the right processor for your motherboard. There is either intel, or AMD - and the processors don't work on the same motherboards. Past that - very few things are ever incompatible unless your board specifically states you need a newer type of ram (and very few do.) .... google will tell you anything you could ever need to know.

...that is, until the liberals censor that information too. Considering I want to KEEP my games, and I got most of my collection of around 200 games for 75% off, my PC saved me far more money than a console would have. And I built a MONSTER of a PC. If I had to estimate a total price including hard drive, it came out to be around $2000, but that was over the course of years, and that's with nearly top-tier parts. Nearly. You can make a more expensive one, but it's hardly necessary for any game that exists or will exist in the next 5 years. I was excessive on purpose - you can build on the cheap and have a perfectly powerful PC. Just do a little reading - it's way easier than you think and hard to screw up if you just make sure you buy Intel for an intel board, and AMD for an AMD board. Simple as pie and cake subtracted from each other.
"I have a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time"
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People aren't actually gonna pay that much for Starcraft remastered are they?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived