This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CPU for streaming/gaming. Need some help possible 8700K

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. CPU for streaming/gaming. Need some help possible 8700K

User Info: Slick25

Slick25
4 months ago#1
Alright so im planning to just wait for the 21st and see the 8700K which is why i will be buying most likely. Going to be pairing it with a 1080Ti, now my main question is would that processor which will be 6 cores be able to handle streaming while gaming?

Any suggestions? Of course I would be new to streaming but its something I plan to give a go at with my new PC anyway just dont want the experience to be bad while streaming. Any advice would be great! Even recommending maybe another processor as well thats just what i have been eyeing because i know how amazing the 7700K was for gaming.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
4 months ago#2
It depends on the game and streamingquality. Overall you could say, that 6c/12t is good for streaming and is ahuge boost over 4c -CPUs.
8c/16t+ would be better, but it's not as a huge boost as 4c vs 6c. And again it will depend on the game.

TL;DR the 8700k should be OK for streaming.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 months ago#3
Video encoding (with x264) practically doesn't have a limit to how many cores it can utilize.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Kad-Man

Kad-Man
4 months ago#4
I can stream games compressed from 1440p down to 1080p 60fps with my 7700k and never have lag on either end if your really worried make a 2nd small box for capture only.

User Info: Fony

Fony
4 months ago#5
Go HEDT if you don't want Ryzen 7.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. CPU for streaming/gaming. Need some help possible 8700K

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived