This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy a 360 or an XB1 controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy a 360 or an XB1 controller?

User Info: zado19

zado19
3 months ago#1
the PS4 controller works on some games but it acts funny or does not read properly on others, Is it less hassle to just use one of the xbox ones?

Arkham City works for the most part if i use DS4Windows, but Dragons dogma was acting strange and I couldnt run bc the control stick has both up and left on up with the PS4 controller

Wondering if its easier to invest in one of the others instead?
"Besides the multiplatforms and exclusives, what else was there on PS4?" - Karmic Dragon2003

User Info: Rai_Jin

Rai_Jin
3 months ago#2
Funny, today I was about to buy a ps4 controller but got an xb1 one instead.

I wanted to buy one because of issues in games with the ps3 controller.

Anyway, did you try steam's built-in configuration for ps4 controllers?

User Info: youngfossil

youngfossil
3 months ago#3
just download the ds4 wrapper or use steam
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
3 months ago#4
did you enable the "hide ds4" option in DS4 windows? some games will have double input or act funny if you dont enable that
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
3 months ago#5
My friend just bought an xbone controller for his Win 7 rig. Windows totally shut down any easy way for that to work on it... They did have easy drivers at one point.

But I personally like the 360 controller more. Its got over a decade of use from my hands and anything else just feels perverted and wrong
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: gideond

gideond
3 months ago#6
XBONE controller is definitely superior. 360 just works though. Especially on older systems as noted above. I'd hate to have to go back to the 360 controller after using the XBONE, but it's always on my desktop in case I hit a situation where my current controller wants to get flaky.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 months ago#7
ryouma17 posted...
did you enable the "hide ds4" option in DS4 windows? some games will have double input or act funny if you dont enable that

This. Because it will record input from the PS4 controller, and the Xbox's input emulation at the same time.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 months ago#8
Low Key a PS3 controller is a better option than PS4. The battery life is much much better and also lower latency from Bluetooth connection if you use the correct XinputWrapper drivers

User Info: zado19

zado19
3 months ago#9
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
ryouma17 posted...

This. Because it will record input from the PS4 controller, and the Xbox's input emulation at the same time.

Saved me 50$ with this, thanks
"Besides the multiplatforms and exclusives, what else was there on PS4?" - Karmic Dragon2003

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#10
zado19 posted...
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
ryouma17 posted...

This. Because it will record input from the PS4 controller in the future, and the Xbox's input emulation at the same time.

Saved me 50$ with this, thanks

If you still want to buy a Xbox 360 or Xboy One controller, there are a few things, which could help you to decide.
-The Xbox One controller is a little bit better in terms of dpad and few other things. But this is subjective.
-There are a few games, where the XboxOne controller doesn't work properly(even newer ones..mostly japanese games), while the XboX360 works with every games with controllersupport of the last decade.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy a 360 or an XB1 controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived