This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monitor options.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Monitor options.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#1
27 inches, 1080p 60hz, and with a budget about $200. Won't buy one for while, but just want to get some ideas. Since KB/M play is going be essential for some games. Currently have my rig hooked up to my TV.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
2 months ago#2
captsplatter_1 posted...
27 inches, 1080p 60hz, and with a budget about $200. Won't buy one for while, but just want to get some ideas. Since KB/M play is going be essential for some games. Currently have my rig hooked up to my TV.

Two things. First off, is new a necessity? You can find some really good deals on used monitors, I know I was able to get a ROG swift in great condition for $320 when at the time new they were running upwards of 700 off of craigs-list. I know your budget is 200, I'm just using that as an example of the kind of deals you can luck in to. If you are willing to go used, you might be able to get something you wouldn't have considered otherwise. Or, manage a good 1080p 60hz for a lot less than 200.

Otherwise, I would keep an eye on newegg's daily deals, and shell shocker deals. not uncommon for them to have good monitors up for 10-30%+ off.

I know that's not a specific monitor recommendation.

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#3
Edavy89 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

Two things. First off, is new a necessity? You can find some really good deals on used monitors, I know I was able to get a ROG swift in great condition for $320 when at the time new they were running upwards of 700 off of craigs-list. I know your budget is 200, I'm just using that as an example of the kind of deals you can luck in to. If you are willing to go used, you might be able to get something you wouldn't have considered otherwise. Or, manage a good 1080p 60hz for a lot less than 200.

Otherwise, I would keep an eye on newegg's daily deals, and shell shocker deals. not uncommon for them to have good monitors up for 10-30%+ off.

Depends on how used. But I'll allow it.

Edavy89
2 months ago#4
captsplatter_1 posted...
Edavy89 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

I'd keep an eye on Craigslist then personally. Or Reddit hardware swap. Again it's not specific recommendations, but you can quite possibly get a lot more bang for your buck.

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#5
Edavy89 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Edavy89 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

I'd keep an eye on Craigslist then personally. Or Reddit hardware swap. Again it's not specific recommendations, but you can quite possibly get a lot more bang for your buck.

I mean everyone talks about 4k 144hz g-sync, man I just want a nice reliable 1080p 60hz. Playing at just that would have my build last and last. I would like g-sync though, but screw your prices Nvidia.

Edavy89
2 months ago#6
I'm not about to personally spend the kind of money it takes to run new games at 4k 144hz. Though I am a big fan of 144hz monitors, and I was happy with the step up from 1080p to 1440p. But you end up paying the premium one way or another.

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#7
Edavy89 posted...
I'm not about to personally spend the kind of money it takes to run new games at 4k 144hz. Though I am a big fan of 144hz monitors, and I was happy with the step up from 1080p to 1440p. But you end up paying the premium one way or another.

AA should be enough to get rid of most of the jaggies. 4k just makes AA redundant though.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Monitor options.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived