This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does steam list every episode of a season you own in steam library?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does steam list every episode of a season you own in steam library?

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
2 months ago#1
need confirmation since it's becoming pretty confusing to figure out if you actually own a whole season of a game or not.

eg. i only own life is strange ep.1(for free) but in library it doesn't list it as a single episode and after a while i sometimes get fooled into thinking i own the whole thing. it's pretty easy to forget what with seasonal sales as well as bundle binging etc.

other games that also don't do it are RE revelation 1 and 2.

however, something like hitman lists every item i own in its own DLC category in library(intro pack with prologue + 1st paris mission). the same goes for

telltale is a bit all over the place since the early games like monkey island/sam n max/bttf each take up their own spot in library per episode while walking dead s1 and 2 neither have the separate entry format nor do they list which episodes you own in a DLC category.
i guess this has to do with how they stopped selling episodes separately for their new games even though TWD season 1 was definitely a per episode purchase initially.

i know that once the game is installed, you can right click steam library and see what DLC you own but there's gotta be a way to actually check it before you install.

the only surefire way i know how to find out is to go to its store page and scroll through everything since it'll list what you don't own but this is a hoop that nobody should have to go through.
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#2
im fairly certain with games like life is strange and tell tale games you buy the entire season, sometimes they may give you the first chapter free. hitman was different because they had 2 versions you could buy, you had the introduction pack and the complete edition which was the intro pack and season pass together. if you wanted a particular chapter you could just buy that chapter.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 months ago#3
AsucaHayashi posted...
telltale is a bit all over the place since the early games like monkey island/sam n max/bttf each take up their own spot in library per episode while walking dead s1 and 2 neither have the separate entry format nor do they list which episodes you own in a DLC category.

Yeah...that's how it works, more or less. I suppose it's down to the developers how they implement the episodes, since for some games you get separate entries, other times you get them as DLC, and other times still you get nothing. So, in short, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to check.

AsucaHayashi posted...
i know that once the game is installed, you can right click steam library and see what DLC you own but there's gotta be a way to actually check it before you install.

You can do that even if the game is not installed. It probably wouldn't help much though - for example The Walking Dead only lists 400 Days as a DLC, not the episodes, while Life is Strange does list each episode you own...however, if you don't own them the DLC tab will be entirely empty and won't show that you DON'T have them.

Yeah, the only sure way seems to be to go to the store page and check there.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does steam list every episode of a season you own in steam library?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived