This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people mad about the devs delaying Sonic Mania?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are people mad about the devs delaying Sonic Mania?

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
3 months ago#11
got banned from SM steam discussion forum today
because i offended a sonic fan lolololololol
.................................can't say i didn't deserve it tho
calling sega out on there BS excuse would get you banned now i guess

but really a large amount of them don't know jack crap about why PC gamers didn't buy into that lie............
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
3 months ago#12
The game should have been delayed across the board on all platforms. This would ensure a satisfied customer.

Instead, I believe Sega will be losing out on more money from doing this rather than putting up with a few possible refunds due to some obscure compatibility issues. 2 weeks of spoilers, 2 weeks of people having to go back to work / school. PC gamers will just wait for a discount or skip it entirely. It's not like it's a totally brand new game or anything.

Shame.

User Info: battteryzord

battteryzord
3 months ago#13
Waiting until august 15th was it, I will not accept any more delays. I cannot wait until august 29th. What the hell happened that the steam version wasn't ready with the previous delay? Why the f*** am I being labeled entitled for wanting to play a game the same day as everyone else? A game I paid for earlier than necessary (which I've since had refunded).

If they are adding denuvo or some s*** then I'll respond the way they assumed I would instead of placing blind faith in them again by pre purchasing a game.

This delay f***s my plans 100% (cannot afford to buy a switch/xboxone/ps4) so unless they magically fix this bs excuse of theirs by the 14th and have the steam version available by the 15th I won't be buying sonic mania.
I don't care if its offensive I don't want to put my D in a V that used to be a D.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 months ago#14
the thing is no one knows why it was delayed. nothing but assumptions and armchair developers in here.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
3 months ago#15
Becuase its more fun to get a rushed, bugged game and then complain and say "I would rather they delayed it to make it work right!!1!" than to actually wait for them to make it work right.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 months ago#16
DXMG posted...
Becuase its more fun to get a rushed, bugged game and then complain and say "I would rather they delayed it to make it work right!!1!" than to actually wait for them to make it work right.

well the thing is. we have no idea why it's delayed other than what they're telling us.

But lets entertain that for a second. Say they need a little more time to optimize the title. They don't have to go through any certification because it's PC, so that could be believable.

But again, lets entertain that "it needs some additional optimizations".The industry is full of publishers that rush out products, unfinished products, and then patch them as time goes on. This is bad for gamers, very bad, yet everyone here is wanting them to do that with Sonic Mania.

Like I said, we have no idea why it was delayed other than what they're telling us. I get and understand the frustration but to act like little whiny brats and make baseless accusations is asinine, especially since there is a huge lack of evidence to back those accusations.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: MrTuna

MrTuna
3 months ago#17
Who the hell cares.

Sonic is s***
GT:OG Kush Man | i5 4690k | EVGA 980Ti | 16 gigs ram | 1TB HDD | 250 GB SSD |

battteryzord
3 months ago#18
Call/label me whatever you have to. Whatever sega's reason is I cannot accept this delay and still be willing to part with $20.

I want the game tomorrow, if its buggy then I won't refund. Hell even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to once I redeemed the code since I originally would have gotten it from amazon.
I don't care if its offensive I don't want to put my D in a V that used to be a D.

User Info: mariopaper

mariopaper
3 months ago#19
Then don't buy it. I personally think it's stupid to boycott a game you like just because of your principles, something that doesn't even matter and nobody really cares about.

battteryzord
3 months ago#20
I don't want to boycott it, I just want the damn thing the same time as the x1/switch/ps4.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are people mad about the devs delaying Sonic Mania?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived