This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
4 months ago#1
I might play Blizzard games if they were on Steam. . .Overwatch I'm looking at you. But alas, they are not on Steam, so they remain unplayed by me. I like playing games on Steam only because it records my hours played. I like looking at the hours that I've spent playing my various games. To play a game and not have its hours recorded is like not playing it at all, in my opinion.

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
4 months ago#2
They won't as they have their own blizzard app and why do you think they want to give Valve more money?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#3
Snowball's chance in hell and that's if Blizz buys Valve out. They've been doing their own ecosystem since before Valve existed. That ain't changing.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 months ago#4
Zero.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Kitepitou

Kitepitou
4 months ago#5
Depends, their storefront and EA's Origin are very successful and not financially damaging like UPlay and Windows Store.

The only reasons these companies would never hit Steam again is because having their own thing is far, far more profiting than sharing a cut on their major IPs Valve.
"I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions." FemShep - Mass Effect 2.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 months ago#6
Overwatch itself will track hours spent in matches and your time played with specific heroes.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
4 months ago#7
Orestes417 posted...
They've been doing their own ecosystem since before Valve existed.

[citation needed]
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

Orestes417
4 months ago#8
Rosencroitz posted...
Orestes417 posted...
They've been doing their own ecosystem since before Valve existed.

[citation needed]

You're right. Valve existed in August of 1996. Battle.net started in November. So they've been doing their own ecosystem since before Valve had relevant product released to market.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#9
It's not impossible that they would pull a uplay and the game links up. Then steam would just be a store front.

That might give them a small boost in sales. But everyone knows about blizzard games. So probably not much of a boost.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

Orestes417
4 months ago#10
Chainloading clients is an obnoxious waste of time.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived