This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
2 months ago#21
0%
FC: 5172-3452-9992 Kaurus

User Info: Gjain

Gjain
2 months ago#22
Jar_Jar posted...
I might play Blizzard games if they were on Steam. . .Overwatch I'm looking at you. But alas, they are not on Steam, so they remain unplayed by me. I like playing games on Steam only because it records my hours played. I like looking at the hours that I've spent playing my various games. To play a game and not have its hours recorded is like not playing it at all, in my opinion.

this whole post is silly.
https://goo.gl/BqBrPQ

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#23
Orestes417 posted...
Snowball's chance in hell and that's if Blizz buys Valve out.

If that were to ever happen I'd quit my Steam account and go back to piracy
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
2 months ago#24
Very slim. Why would they pay Valve when they are big enough to set up their own online platform and handle all distribution themselves?

If you just want to exclusively play games on Steam that is your choice. However, consider that as a consumer, you are not best off if there is only one platform without competition on the market.

You act like they are missing out on your business by refusing to go on Steam. They are doing more than fine without you. The only thing happening here is OP is missing out on games by not wanting to use any other platform. Your loss, but suit yourself. If you are interested in those games, the battle.net app functions well and is not intrusive. If recording "time played" is that important to you... well... I don't know what to say there. To each his own. Stick to Steam I guess....
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: hitokiri13

hitokiri13
2 months ago#25
Recently other platforms had good games and way better deals. I haven't bought game from Steam few weeks ago which after the summer sale because it was only on Steam through Kinguin.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. - Hannibal

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#26
hitokiri13 posted...
Recently other platforms had good games and way better deals. I haven't bought game from Steam few weeks ago which after the summer sale because it was only on Steam through Kinguin.

Can't you put them on steam anyways? For launching purposes and what not.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
2 months ago#27
Im not saying it will ever happen. But from a business point of view there is lots of good reasons to sell their stuff on Steam.

You never know Valve may negotiate a decent offer too good for Blizzard to refuse. (or anyone else not selling on steam)

If one of you game sales are stagnating and somebody is offering to market and sell your game (eg steam sales) for a reduced cut (like 1% of sale price) wouldnt you take it?

Obviously all hypothetical. As I dont even know what percentage steam keeps to begin with.

User Info: loader963

loader963
2 months ago#28
^ from past reading trying to find that answer, it appears to be 30%. But a lot of peeps seem to think the bigger publishers/devs get slightly better deals. On topic, IDC where I buy a game as long as I want to play the game I will follow.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
2 months ago#29
Kogepan posted...
Im not saying it will ever happen. But from a business point of view there is lots of good reasons to sell their stuff on Steam.

No, there is nearly zero point to selling their stuff on Steam.

Blizzard, like EA, developed their own platform for these services because Valves takes a cut from every game sold. Both Blizzard and EA have spent easily $1,000,000, if not more, on developing Origin and Battle.Net because, in the long term, royalties paid to Valve would cost more.

The only reason they would cut a deal with Valve is if a significant portion of their users refuse to play games unless they are on Steam. That will never happen.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#30
It's not going to happen, and that seems like a pretty spurious reason to not play Blizzard games.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived