This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
3 months ago#31
Lol, every single Blizzard game sells 10+ million copies. They don't need Steam's help, especially with Gabe Newell chewing on 40% of the profits.

Not to mention, Blizzard games are also very connected with each other through the app. Cross game promotions, transfer of WoW gold to store credit, etc. Their app is also very pretty and done well unlike Steam's clutter of useless features.

The only companies that need to ditch their app are Microsoft and Ubisoft. Definitely Microsoft, all of their online games are so dead while Ubisoft games still survive like Rainbow Six. I don't know when Microsoft will get a clue. GFWL was a huge failure and so is windows store. I'd love to see some of their games become active through Steam like Gears of War.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
3 months ago#32
Jar_Jar posted...
I might play Blizzard games if they were on Steam. . .Overwatch I'm looking at you. But alas, they are not on Steam, so they remain unplayed by me. I like playing games on Steam only because it records my hours played. I like looking at the hours that I've spent playing my various games. To play a game and not have its hours recorded is like not playing it at all, in my opinion.

lol wut?

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
3 months ago#33
Of course that is not going to happen at all. Activision Blizz wont stop until they make Blizz app the central launcher for every single title, and by then they will be side by side with all other platforms. They might probably change their name again by then to "Activison Blizz desktop app" or something.
Bu!

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
3 months ago#34
There's no reason Activision-Blizzard would ever give Valve money for something that they already have.

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
3 months ago#35
Izicial posted...
Jar_Jar posted...
I might play Blizzard games if they were on Steam. . .Overwatch I'm looking at you. But alas, they are not on Steam, so they remain unplayed by me. I like playing games on Steam only because it records my hours played. I like looking at the hours that I've spent playing my various games. To play a game and not have its hours recorded is like not playing it at all, in my opinion.

lol wut?

Probably just started gaming recently.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: SirHeiska

SirHeiska
3 months ago#36
I would rather have option to bring few relevant games what I play from steam to battlenet and keep steam as huge trash pin.

User Info: hakujo

hakujo
3 months ago#37
Izicial posted...
Jar_Jar posted...

lol wut?

Stats man.
Nooo stop reading me without consent

User Info: blly155

blly155
3 months ago#38
why on earth would they put their games on steam and let steam get a cut of money their games make? blizzards client has been around much longer than steam and it's quite successful.

just get over yourself and download battle.net and use it. the games do track time played such as Overwatch, WoW, and Diablo 3.
PS4 (Slim), PC (i7-6700K, 16GB, GTX 1070).

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
3 months ago#39
you can always "add a non-steam game" to your library and play it that way. It will open up the Blizzard app and then start the game, but Steam will still display that you're playing whatever (Diablo 3, etc)
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#40
blly155 posted...
blizzards client has been around much longer than steam

Not really. Unless you count WoW's launcher but I'd hardly call it a "client". You could count early Battle.net, which is indeed older than Steam but it's also nothing like Steam - it was their infrastructure for online play - nothing to do with launching or selling games throiugh it. It wasn't until 2009 when "Battle.net 2.0" showed up which laid the foundation to their actual games client infrastructure but still isn't really a Steam equivalent, however it allowed more functionality like achievements. The games client that finally does offer Steam-like functionality launched in 2013 almost a decade after Steam did.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Chances of Blizzard joining Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived