This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do devs not remaster games people have been wanting for years and years?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do devs not remaster games people have been wanting for years and years?

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#11
Because Nostalgia paints a picture you THINK you want to revisit, but because evolution exists, revisiting it, proves that you were easily impressed, and now, less prone to enjoy it.

This means that you are the target audience. If you do not enjoy it, then who is left but people with low expectations.

Morrowind was AMAZING during it's time, but it was never a great game. There were too many bugs, and issues with the game, for it to be as enjoyable as what your mind is trying to tell you.

Oblivion was the ONLY game I played on 360 for nearly the first 6 months I had a 360. I went back and tried to play it recently, and It really isnt good at all. Went back to Skyrim, and surprise, it has been outclassed as well.

Nostalgia is something that you should never buy into... it has not been part of your life in a long time for a reason... and that reason is typically because you outgrew a use for it.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
2 months ago#12
Morrowind is not popular in the sense that skyrim is popular, everyone and their dragon have heard of skyrim and is easily marketable by name alone and hence all the trash incoming like the VR and switch version

Morrowind makes the newer generation go "huh? what is that?" which is the same problem fallout 1/2 or persona 1/2 have so a remaster would make nothing and it is all about that MONEY

Crash proves there is hope though, it sold a s*** ton and shows how people do want some old franchises redone

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 months ago#13
Why remaster at all? I'd rather just play the originals.

I'm in the minority, I know.
Do you live in the Toronto (Canada) area? I am selling a bunch of GB games, GBA games, and manuals. PM me if interested.

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#14
small reason is becauce the the game has already remastered and dumb asses can't remember it being done already

but the main reason is money. Why remaster Morrowind when remastering Skyrim will make much much much much more money. We'll get a remaster of the remaster of Skyrim SE before they try to do any of their other Elder Scrolls games.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
2 months ago#15
bikeblaster posted...
ajxh posted...
Skyrim, I'm sure, was a lot easier to remaster. I think Oblivion would be fairly easy, but Morrowind would probably need a lot of work.

I'm guessing that not every developer is buying into the remaster trend. I think there's something to be said about continuing to produce original work rather than remastering and milking previous achievements. I'm sure that there's also resistance to divide resources from new projects among smaller development teams (though many remasters are outsourced to other studios).

bikeblaster posted...
I know right. Mgs3 needs a remaster now.

It was remastered on PS3, I believe. I think it's only been enhanced to 1080p (or maybe 720p) and 60 FPS, but that's how it is with a lot of remasters, truth be told.

Unless you mean remake.

Yeah remake on their latest fox engine. That's what i meant.

It was 720p/60fps on PS3. Emulating Subsistence through PCSX2 is the true remaster.

wont happen, fox engine is entirely devoted to pachinko now.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: lmAtWork

lmAtWork
2 months ago#16
kobalobasileus posted...

You are a Souls Troll and Demon's Souls isn't appreciably older than Skyrim. Go away.

What? What does "Souls Troll" even mean?

Demon Souls is over 2 and a half years older than Skyrim, and much more importantly when it comes to reasons for a remaster, looks MUCH worse than original Skyrim did and Demon Souls isn't on modern systems to play

ApexMjolnir posted...
Because Nostalgia paints a picture you THINK you want to revisit, but because evolution exists, revisiting it, proves that you were easily impressed, and now, less prone to enjoy it.

This is definitely true, and why remakes are sometimes better than remasters.

But after playing games at 1440p 144hz for years, it's pretty hard to enjoy a game that's like 240p 15 fps no matter how good the gameplay is =(
http://i.imgur.com/z2gkfeq.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do devs not remaster games people have been wanting for years and years?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived