This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever feel like computers aren't as much fun as they used to be?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you ever feel like computers aren't as much fun as they used to be?

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
3 months ago#41
They're not as fun because nothing on the horizon is good enough, we are already at 4k and even the next iteration of graphics cards won't be enough to properly max it. There's nothing to look forward to
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
3 months ago#42
To quote a favourite song, "What I forgot, is better than whatever they remember".
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 months ago#43
Boge posted...
I enjoyed PC gaming more in the 90s when it was different from consoles.

I enjoy PC gaming far more now that it's the same as the consoles. It actually "just works" most of the time, most games have native controller support (and those that don't can be brute forced with Controller Companion), and I can play on my TV without a bunch of obscure adapters.

Conversely, I can't stand console gaming now that it's largely the same as PC gaming.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 months ago#44
No, but I do feel that the (other) people who use computers aren't as much fun as they used to be.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
3 months ago#45
It's just how discovery works in society I imagine. I can see cavemen discovering fire after a lightning storm, assigning someone to always feed it,protect it, love it. It's a sacred deity to them, they don't understand it really, but they know it's something amazing so they pick up things about it in time as they have great interest. Society goes on, they build a nice little stone altar to it where they keep it going, the fire of our fathers.

Romans master the hell out of it with oils, they use it to light their streets and public crap houses, paying no nevermind to it, it's a tool to serve man, takes a little time and skill to setup so they aren't so modern in disrespect for it, but it's not a big deal if you want to put the torch out to ease guilt for a dark bedroom orgy experience with slaves,wives,goats,bath boys, senators,whatever Romans were up to in those colorful murals.

Now fast forward to current times. Strike on box, roll a little wheel, you match it with the twitch of a finger and you don't concern yourself with it's keeping at all. It's on demand, and you will never love it like the caveman or be as pestered as that perverse Roman in disposing of it. Knowledge is the death of wonder.

All technology will share the fate of fire.In future, It won't be surprising to see a 5yr old with a holographic computer on their wrist ultra comfortable with it saying, what this old piece of junk? I so wish they'd buy me a new one. Appreciation goes right out the window with wonder. If it became commonplace for humans to shoot lasers out of their eyes and hover around like fin hummingbirds, I promise you with time, society would tire of that too and it would go out of fashion. The appetite for the next great thing is insatiable, so tech will alaways be moving forward because the market will never stay satisfied with what it has forever.

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
3 months ago#46
Over saturation of technology, programs, ease of use and plain old use.
Computers and the internet was once a hobby but now it's basically life for everyone.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 months ago#47
Yes, because they aren't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
3 months ago#48
I still love the old 90's games, sid meiers colonizatino 94', panzer general, fantasy general. I'm reluctant to get into these remakes, and they tend to be better graphics with less options. Simplified games which is not what I would have expected when I grew up in the 90's. I had hoped that Colonization 2 would've had more features and less technical limitations but civ 4 colonization just doesn't seem to be what I was hoping for. And the remake of sid meiers alpha centauri doesn't seem too inspiring.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 months ago#49
You can only go so big.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc

User Info: Xedhadeaus

Xedhadeaus
3 months ago#50
For me I kind of goofed... I have to turn on like three different speakers, undo my controller, sit on the couch, hope I have a good time. I mostly buy co op games and just work and sleep, so most days I just grab the wii u and BS in zelda and then sleep. If I had a expensive laptop I could mess with wherever I'd give pc more love, but right now I'm just lazy.

It doesn't help that my friends only like like 5 games... all online only
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you ever feel like computers aren't as much fun as they used to be?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived