This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever feel like computers aren't as much fun as they used to be?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you ever feel like computers aren't as much fun as they used to be?

User Info: Lordgold666

Lordgold666
3 weeks ago#51
Shyeah

Oregon trail >
Xbox GT: l0rdg0ld666 | 3DS FC: 1848-2391-0198
[LXGC] - Lethal Xtreme Gaming crew

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 weeks ago#52
I'm in the same position as you OP. A large part of it is adaptation to stimuli. I still remember playing Pokemon Blue when I was 10. I was utterly amazed that a unique and live world existed on this tiny cartridge I put into my GameBoy.

20 years later, I've played so many games that nothing will give me the same feeling that Quake, Final Fantasy XI, Doom, or Wing Commander did. Heck, even Lineage 2 has a special place in my heart.

To compound this problem, I write software for a living. I have to actively turn off habits I've developed from work to enjoy some games...otherwise I'll sit there thinking how much they f***ed up the UI or how xyz could have been implemented much better.

I guess this is all part of growing up.

User Info: USF

USF
3 weeks ago#53
I still love PC gaming.
Currently Playing: Stuff.

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
3 weeks ago#54
I just set aside everything I know about software and hardware engineering when I use another companies work. If I don't it quickly turns into me making huge negative lists and problems and so on.
-President and CEO of my mind

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 weeks ago#55
Garage_Man posted...
I just set aside everything I know about software and hardware engineering when I use another companies work. If I don't it quickly turns into me making huge negative lists and problems and so on.

Yeah I really need to work on this. I'm ready to jump ship for this reason right now lol

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
3 weeks ago#56
Yea i agree consoles are just more fun. Relaxing on your sofa while playing Uncharted 4 is awesome
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
3 weeks ago#57
Too many talentless idiots without any creative bone in their body are making games.
It's mass production now.

The indie crap is running out of hand.

User Info: RunFromThisGun

RunFromThisGun
3 weeks ago#58
TheOpposite posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
TheOpposite posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
TheOpposite posted...
I love playing classic games and Steam would be a great platform for them

GOG is calling your name...

I'm less impressed with GOG than I am Steam.

GOG has the true classics though, from dos era even

HL2 isnt a classic game

I'm not just talking about PC classics. Steam and GOG both have a pitiful selection of classic arcade and console titles and there's no excuse for it.

That's what emulators are for.

I took a Golden Tee cabinet, stripped it out, installed the XArcade Tankstick and custom MAME marquee, and put in a bare bones PC. Installed HyperSpin, spent a decent amount of time hunting down roms and now it can play games from Arcade, NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, Sega Master, PS1, and Dreamcast. And that is just the platforms I wanted. There are many more that work with HyperSpin. And you don't need a real cabinet for it to work.

http://i.imgur.com/O88RgR3.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you ever feel like computers aren't as much fun as they used to be?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived