This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it still worth getting that samsung 144 hz hdr monitor w/ a nvidia card?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it still worth getting that samsung 144 hz hdr monitor w/ a nvidia card?

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
4 months ago#1
The only downside I see is the lack of free sync capabilities using a nvidia card but I doubt I'll see any major difference. I don't even have g-sync activated half the time on my rog swift asus monitor because of it conflicting with SLI. I see no difference between 100-144 fps gsync off or on.

I really want to experience hdr first-hand.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#2
You just answered your question. You still got your Gsync monitor, so why not enjoy both? Games like Witcher 3 would be better with HDR, while fast paced games like shooters would be better with the Gsync.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
4 months ago#3
Wait till next year for the Asus PG27UQ. It is a 4k, HDR, 144hz, G-Sync, Quantum Dot LED monitor.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#4
Dirk85UK posted...
Wait till next year for the Asus PG27UQ. It is a 4k, HDR, 144hz, G-Sync, Quantum Dot LED monitor.

I guess but if he doesn't want to wait he can put the two monitors side by side and use one or the other depending on the game.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it still worth getting that samsung 144 hz hdr monitor w/ a nvidia card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived