This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy Sonic Mania on PC or Switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy Sonic Mania on PC or Switch?

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
2 months ago#11
captsplatter_1 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
I got it on the switch. Sonic gaming sessions in bed. Yesplz

After building my gaming PC, I can't wait for that Rain app. Handheld gaming of Witcher 3? Yes please.

I hadn't heard of that. What is it?
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
2 months ago#12
Switch since it just got released

PC might or might not get mods support
and most of them are probably just skin changes
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#13
daemon_dan posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

After building my gaming PC, I can't wait for that Rain app. Handheld gaming of Witcher 3? Yes please.

It streams your PC games onto your Switch. Be great playing my PC games in bed. Which I will probably do a lot for casual play sessions.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
2 months ago#14
captsplatter_1 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

It streams your PC games onto your Switch. Be great playing my PC games in bed. Which I will probably do a lot for casual play sessions.

That sounds pretty f***ing cool!
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#15
I'm getting it on my Switch

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#16
Aurolis posted...
Switch for all of the obvious reasons AND it runs flawlessly.

Other than the Home button bug, right? Lmao...

I'm sure it'll be fixed in due time though.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
2 months ago#17
i'm leaning towards steam. ps4 controller support (switch "dpad" sux) and better performance (switch has reports of frame drops in certain levels as well as colors being potentially slightly off)

portability is nice though and i might not last until the 29th

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 months ago#18
Switch then get it on PC when it's $5
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 months ago#19
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
Switch then get it on PC when it's $5

This. By then we should also have a better idea of how moddable the game is, also.

Given how previous games using the same engine have been $#%@ing hard to mod, with very few good mods out there, I'm 99% sure Sonic Mania will be the same, short of official Workshop support (which might explain the PC release being delayed, in a best case scenario).

Sonic Forces however, is on an engine which has been extensively modded before (the Generations engine, or rather a souped up version of it), so regardless of official mod support, it should have a whole bunch of mods available, which makes the PC version a much better choice. With the severe lack of mods for Sonic CD's remake, and even fewer for Sonic 1 and 2's remakes, it's doubtful Sonic Mania will get much, if any, unofficial mod support, which makes the Switch version much preferable.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy Sonic Mania on PC or Switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived