This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games should never just start without a title screen first.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC games should never just start without a title screen first.

User Info: sarevokmb

sarevokmb
3 months ago#1
Even if the console version does this, the PC version should ALWAYS go to the main menu first instead. I hate having a game start and having the default graphics look terrible for the intro or have the resolution wonky and have to watch the intro with the game off center and split between two monitors, with half of the display off-screen.

Even worse is when you have to then restart the game after making changes and then watch the unskippable intro again.

And then requiring a reset for changing minor graphical details like motion blur or anti aliasing? I know No Man's Sky isn't known as a particularly good game, but the ineptitude on display here is staggering. They are far from the only devs that do this, though.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
3 months ago#2
The worst is when the game starts in some funky resolution and f***s up your current window sizes and desktop icons on first boot.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
3 months ago#3
Black_Assassin posted...
The worst is when the game starts in some funky resolution and f***s up your current window sizes and desktop icons on first boot.

This so much. It made me go all 'no desktop icons', but it still f***s up window sizes or positions and I hate it.
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC games should never just start without a title screen first.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived