This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia 385.28

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia 385.28

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#1
This new driver seems to be working out well. No stuttering , no crashing , firefox is working fine, and games actually seem a little smoother.

The only weird thing is that my idle speeds used to be 164/ 405, and now they're 139/405.
I don't see this as a problem, but I am curious.

Anyway, best drivers in a long time.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
4 months ago#2
Yup, I am getting 14 more FPS in IE and the Steam store.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 months ago#3
Dont know of the stuttering you speak of. Never had any with the 1060.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#4
oblique365 posted...
Dont know of the stuttering you speak of. Never had any with the 1060.

I never had any either with my 1060, but there were a lot of complaints on the nvidia board, which is why I waited a long time to update.

When I saw the positive feedback on this one, I installed it.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#5
Have you ever gotten an FPS boost from an Nvidia driver update? I haven't ever seen an improvement and can downgrade to a driver a year ago and get the same performance.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
4 months ago#6
If it's a newer game the patch specifically addresses yes
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 months ago#7
There's no change in performance whatsoever except some new feature & compatibility with newly released games.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#8
Kokuei05 posted...
Have you ever gotten an FPS boost from an Nvidia driver update? I haven't ever seen an improvement and can downgrade to a driver a year ago and get the same performance.

The patch is usually just adding a new profile for a game. Often copy and pasted from another game.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#9
It fixed that Extreme GPU utility. I couldn't use it before that driver.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
3 months ago#10
Saw feedback on the r/vive subreddit that the driver was working fine for VR titles, as well.

Installed yesterday and really didn't notice a HUGE difference, but it's working as intended and I've skipped a couple of the more recent drivers, *because* people mentioned microstutter issues.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia 385.28

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived