This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox One controller cant connect to windows 10 pc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One controller cant connect to windows 10 pc

User Info: Maximus_Decimo

Maximus_Decimo
2 months ago#1
My Xbox one controller wont connect to my PC. I currently have it wired to my PC. The PC does not recognize it being connected.
\\MaximusDecimo//

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#2
Heard there is issues using it wired. Try using it wirelessly.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#3
make sure both the firmware and your copy of Windows are up to date
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#4
You have to open up the Xbox console on your PC, go into the settings, and update the Firmware for the controller... it doesn't take long at all.

Also, make sure you have Bluetooth.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#5
ApexMjolnir posted...

Irrelevant.

Does the cable you're using carry data? I had the same issue some time ago and come to find out it was my cable.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

Maximus_Decimo
2 months ago#6
EvilGiygas posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

Irrelevant.

Does the cable you're using carry data? I had the same issue some time ago and come to find out it was my cable.

I don't know How would i find out?
\\MaximusDecimo//

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#7
Maximus_Decimo posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

Irrelevant.

What cable are you using? If you're using the Xbox One controller cable that comes with the system, it should carry data.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

Maximus_Decimo
2 months ago#8
EvilGiygas posted...
Maximus_Decimo posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

Irrelevant.

What cable are you using? If you're using the Xbox One controller cable that comes with the system, it should carry data.

No, im using a plain Jane cable
\\MaximusDecimo//

Maximus_Decimo
2 months ago#9
Maximus_Decimo posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
Maximus_Decimo posted...
EvilGiygas posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

Irrelevant.

No, im using a plain Jane cable

Thanks i'll go look for one
\\MaximusDecimo//

User Info: Boge

Boge
2 months ago#10
Try a different USB port? I have a couple of ports on the front of my case that it won't work with. I just get the "device connecting" sound over and over again. I was also getting random disconnects plugging it into a USB 3.0 port on the back, random for about 7 seconds or so. Light would be on, but the controller was unresponsive. I plugged it into a USB 2.0 port and all day today I haven't had a problem. Very finicky controllers for sure. Oh, this is all wired, by the way.
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One controller cant connect to windows 10 pc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived