This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the worst bosses in the Castlevania series? Broad spoiler warning.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the worst bosses in the Castlevania series? Broad spoiler warning.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
3 months ago#1
The entire Turds of Shadow subseries is on PC so it counts.

Anyway, I remember Cornell in Shadow 1 being a complete motherf***er. I don't remember exactly why, but I couldn't stand him. At all. Never finished with the Forgotten One either, because seriously who cares?

But right now I just want to gripe about Brachyura and Eligor from Order of Ecclesia. Brachyura is fine on a first pass, but the problem really arises in boss rush mode when the fact that he's so deeply scripted means that he'll singlehandedly drag out the run time even if you're capable of knocking out everything else in few enough hits to count on one hand. Would've been great if they thought about that and made it so that if you do enough damage before he turns red, he just explodes on the spot. Make it so that when you leave the room in not-Boss Rush you hear noises and if you go back in, the elevator came down. That would've helped.

Eligor is just a pain in the neck because his collision is all kinds of jacked up. If you break his knees and use Redire to flip over onto his back, you'll very, very often take damage for no apparent reason because his collision is really janky. They should've either made sure things like that didn't happen, or just not had Redire.

User Info: Hanlo_is_back

Hanlo_is_back
3 months ago#2
Not really PC hardware related, but I'll play along. The final boss of the SNES version of Rondo of Blood is absolute garbage. I did end up beating him, but I felt no feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I felt like I had wasted my time. The bosses in some of the NES games are kinda lame. Castlevania 2 in particular phoned it in with the bosses
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum

User Info: Axtlar

Axtlar
3 months ago#3
Probably Death and Dracula from Symphonia for being so disappointingly easy. Death was especially hyped up after taking your stuff away and then you just face him in some tomb and he dies without breaking a sweat.

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
3 months ago#4
Came in to say Brachyura, what a total piece of garbage. Dragged out trial and error that also clogs up the first half of the boss rush. I haven't actually played all that many Castlevania games (1, 4, Symphony, Ecclesia, Dawn and Aria of Sorrow, HoD) but I can't remember disliking a boss more than this one.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
3 months ago#5
None of the anime entries you adore are on PC puppet.

Why don't you head over and discuss this on the switch board peasant?

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 months ago#6
the only really difficult boss in the series that I remember giving me trouble is the Werewolf in Akumajou Dracula X68K for the Sharp X68K

And yes, I played and finished both Order of Ecclesia and Lords of Shadow.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: ZERO2936

ZERO2936
3 months ago#7
The final bosses in Simon's Quest and Harmony of Dissonance would be the ones I find most disappointingly lazy. Keremet from Portrait of Ruin is one I personally dislike as well.

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
3 months ago#8
Most of the bosses are utter pants. These games are not as good as people make them out to be.

User Info: LtMessiahDM504

LtMessiahDM504
3 months ago#9
Hanlo_is_back posted...
Not really PC hardware related, but I'll play along. The final boss of the SNES version of Rondo of Blood is absolute garbage. I did end up beating him, but I felt no feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I felt like I had wasted my time. The bosses in some of the NES games are kinda lame. Castlevania 2 in particular phoned it in with the bosses

Why do people get upset when your discussing games with fellow PC enthusiasts on a PC board? Isn't there an actual PC Hardware Board for talking about hardware?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#10
I love the Castlevania games modeled after Symphony of the Night, and also have a soft spot for Curse of Darkness. But let's face it, the bosses are too often pointlessly easy and then occasionally are obnoxiously cheap.

Gergoth is always annoying because he moves suddenly and much faster than you and does huge amounts of damage, so if you're playing in a game/mode where you can't take a lot of hits or heal then you're forced to poke at him and whittle him down because if you commit to a serious combo you might be locked into an attack when he lunges for you and you won't be ready to avoid damage.

Brachyura in Order of Ecclesia is an early game boss which teaches you that you basically have to die against bosses once to learn their patterns before you can fight them, because there's no way to dodge his claw attacks unless you already know they're coming. But then once you finish him and a handful of other early game bosses and enemies, the game does a 180 and not only stops doing this but generally just becomes too easy. It's one of the reasons I found that game sloppy.

Most of the other bosses I've run through in my head just now are almost easier than the assorted enemies standing in the room outside. It's a bit sad when you think about it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the worst bosses in the Castlevania series? Broad spoiler warning.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived