This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point of a mech keyboard if you use cherry red

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the point of a mech keyboard if you use cherry red

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
3 months ago#11
Blues for life!
Now Playing
Zelda BOTW Master Mode (Switch), Tales of Berseria (PC), Witcher 3 (PC)

User Info: gideond

gideond
3 months ago#12
I generally use blue and brown. I prefer brown just because of the sound. They feel about the same. I'm considering getting a board with either black or red Gateron switches just to see how it feels. Gats are a little cheaper than Cherry and often recommended as feeling better.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 months ago#13
Death_Born posted...
Cherry Red are still a lot smoother than rubber domes.

If you think MX Reds are smooth, you should try Gateron Reds. Those make unlubed MX Reds feel absolutely scratchy.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#14
MX Browns here. Great for gaming with by big hands and nice and solid feedback for typing too.

Best of both worlds. Love it.
Ryzen 5 1600X 4GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | GTX 1080 2GHz | HyperX SSD | 28" Acer 4K
Playing: Splatoon 2 | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | Shovel Knight

User Info: Chass1990

Chass1990
3 months ago#15
reds are too light for me (I'd rather use black) although blue or browns are fine. It's not like I don't understand why someone would use red though, it types nothing like a membrane. That said, I use topre at work and love it :)
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 months ago#16
And the guy with the $10 best buy keyboard who has no idea that mechs exist still crushes all of you.

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
3 months ago#17
Chass1990 posted...
reds are too light for me (I'd rather use black) although blue or browns are fine. It's not like I don't understand why someone would use red though, it types nothing like a membrane. That said, I use topre at work and love it :)

cup rubber best
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: CosmicHorror

CosmicHorror
3 months ago#18
BearShrooms posted...
And the guy with the $10 best buy keyboard who has no idea that mechs exist still crushes all of you.

If you're buying a mechanical keyboard expecting a boost in your gaming skills, you're just delusional or stupid and deserve to be parted from your money.
I use mechanical keyboards because they're immensely more comfortable to type on, I don't pretend that it makes me better at gaming, since it doesn't.
https://i.imgur.com/Oc0tFT1.jpg

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
3 months ago#19
Master_Bass posted...
If you think MX Reds are smooth, you should try Gateron Reds. Those make unlubed MX Reds feel absolutely scratchy.

What kind of mechanical keyboard enthusiast doesn't lube their keys?

BearShrooms posted...

That would depend on the game most non-sim racing games that relie on skill instead of luck I'd probably win most if not all bouts.
Meh posting brought to you by SBL inc. Makers of The Only Ink that Stinks!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the point of a mech keyboard if you use cherry red

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived