This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 months ago#11
Just wait for M & B 2 Bannerlord. That should be a good game.

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
3 months ago#12
All the games tc listed are garbage. Try trails of cold steel, Ys 8 is releasing in 3 weeks.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
3 months ago#13
So TC's game of the year goes once again to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on the ps 1. Congratulations again Tony Hawk for making the game of the year 17 years in a row!
Second place goes once again to super mario bros 3.
3rd place is pacman.
Also Tales of Berseria > Trails of cold steel and Ys 8
Accept it.
Now, say my name.

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
3 months ago#14
Better than Dark Souls my butt. This game has the same enemies over and over again, as well as reused, uninspired levels. The boss fights are cool for the most part, tho they are all super tanky and kill you in pretty much one hit. Loot is all RNG based which kind of sucks and defeats the purpose of exploration. This is probably the worst game I played out of all of them this year in my opinion.

Sounds like you accidentally played a Hyperdimension Neptunia game on accident ;P Just kidding, by the sounds of it Nioh is like HDN but with less comedy and cute girls.

As for 2017 games, the only ones I played that actually came out this year were um...um...nothing! I'm too busy playing older games. The only games I'm looking forward to are Cuphead, Shadow of War, A Hat in Time, Wolfenstein 2, and Ni No Kuni 2 and that's about it.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 months ago#15
The only game I've really enjoyed this year is Horizon Zero Dawn. It was more than I'd expected. I'd consider it "great". Nothing else is even worth mentioning. It's been a bad year for gaming and each year seems to get worse.
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
3 months ago#16
Heisenberg312 posted...
So TC's game of the year goes once again to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on the ps 1. Congratulations again Tony Hawk for making the game of the year 17 years in a row!
Second place goes once again to super mario bros 3.
3rd place is pacman.
Also Tales of Berseria > Trails of cold steel and Ys 8
Accept it.

f***ing what m8? Berseria is the WORST mainline Tales of game and Cold Steel 2 didn't even come out this year.

Only games I enjoyed this year were Dead Cells, Trails in the Sky 3rd and PUBG. PUBG is a very solid game.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 months ago#17
Factorio? (I mean, it's been EA for a while, but I think it's coming out this year and it's essentially complete at this point outside of a bit of low res placeholder art.)
Why are Trump supporters so obsessed with "buttery males?"

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
3 months ago#18
Bad taste is very common on this site. I'm surprised about this thread.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 1TB |120GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#19
I agree about horizon and nier but i really enjoyed nioh for some reason.
I am on my third play through,~180 hours in and still want to keep going.Meanwhile i got sick of the uninspired empty,bland boring open world and bs fetch quests in horizon zd within 15 hours.I can't even bring myself to finish it.
I couldn't stand the bs fetch quests in Nier either.I had to force myself to finish it.
The worst offender is probably is gravity rush 2.It took me more than 3 months to finish it.I literally couldn't stand it for more than 10 minutes at a time.
On the other hand i really enjoyed yakuza 0 despite it's repetitive nature.

strange i know

haven't played persona 5 yet
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
3 months ago#20
ChaseFAQs posted...
rx54 posted...
Prey is better than all of them is what I think
Doesn't seem like you play anything but 3rd person combat games

This. Play Prey.

Played Prey. Really enjoyed it. Wasn't a huge fan of the combat, but found it bearable. Level design, explorability, and story were all fantastic.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived