This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
2 months ago#31
OptimusRekt posted...
Looking forward to Cuphead, Wolfenstein 2, and a Hat in time. Ni No Kuni got delayed :(. Not getting Shadow of War after all the microtransaction bs, plus I replayed the first game recently and found it pretty boring.

Ah yes, I forgot it got delayed. Oh well, no big deal, got lots of other stuff to do. I have a feeling that game is going to be massive in size though so it should be a good buy regardless. As for Shadow of War, from what I've seen of it, it seems to be way, way different than Shadow of Mordor. It's the only upcoming game I see trying to implement giant systems all at once, like they're in a race to see what they can all fit in. It's like it's trying to be an AAA 3D Adventure/Army Building game where you can actually fight wars, but whether or not it's like that at release, who knows. I'm still waiting for a game of that breadth that makes it feel like I'm actually saving the people or a kingdom etc.

I'll wait for review. Shadow of Mordor felt pretty lifeless for the most part. Here's to hoping theres actual NPCs in the game and not just orcs everywhere.

bubbub01
2 months ago#32
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
Hagan posted...
I didn't play any of those Japanese games

Hagan posted...
I enjoyed BotW

<_<

Well I mean most people don't call Mario and Zelda Japanese games to be fair. Japanese is more like your Persona or Niers. The weirder more obtuse stuff.

bubbub01
2 months ago#33
Hagan posted...
PUBG is probably the best multiple game this year, and its taking over steam charts and sales records.

JonWood007 posted...
Only really great game out this year so far IMO is PUBG.

I don't understand the love. I have like 50 hours and I'm burnt out. It was fun while it lasted. But then I have friends with hundreds of hours. Again, like every other game I talked about, it gets pretty repetitive. Especially after you win a couple times.

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
2 months ago#34
Most of the games you listed are either console exclusive, or seen as a console exclusive due to ignorant fanboys (Nier)

they'll say anything exclusive is amazing even if it isn't.
Also, I don't see anyone discussing Hellblade

Unnecessary Sidenote: The only PC game I played that came out this year was Slime-San. Only cause I'm such a cheap ass and I wait for big sales. I'll play most of 2017 "good" games next year probably

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#35
Heisenberg312 posted...
So TC's game of the year goes once again to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on the ps 1. Congratulations again Tony Hawk for making the game of the year 17 years in a row!
Second place goes once again to super mario bros 3.
3rd place is pacman.
Also Tales of Berseria > Trails of cold steel and Ys 8
Accept it.

Berseria was boring as hell... Zesty was better. The story in trails of cold steel is surpassing berseria by far.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
2 months ago#36
bubbub01 posted...
Well I mean most people don't call Mario and Zelda Japanese games to be fair. Japanese is more like your Persona or Niers. The weirder more obtuse stuff.

"It's Japanese only if i want it to be!".

Don't worry, Nintendo games are just toys anyways. They're not acutal video games.

KaiRyusaki posted...
Also, I don't see anyone discussing Hellblade

Because it looks like another generic atmospheric action / adventure game.

oblique365 posted...
Berseria was boring as hell... Zesty was better. The story in trails of cold steel is surpassing berseria by far.

:thumbs_up:

Gotta change my opinion of you.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: clowning

clowning
2 months ago#37
I think that all "great" games are not that great. Almost all games are retreads, only a few make a significant effort to improve or add or create a new concept in game design, and usually only half heartedly at best.

I enjoy a handful of games, and find that every game in existence is over hyped; even the ones that get no hype at all.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 months ago#38
You are buying the "next great thing" in a product line being developed for the mass public. Of course it's not going to be great. This is pretty close to when pepsi or mt dew come out with a new special flavor and super hype it up. Sure, every now and then one of them sticks. But a game creators job isn't to make great games, it's to sell games. They don't care if their game is actually great as long as it sells enough to make a good profit and is decent enough to keep the franchise/company going.

On top of all of this, even when the general public considers a game to be great you need to be wary because the general public is stupid and has poor taste (see: the fast food industry).

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
2 months ago#39
Yea sadly all best exclusives are on PS4. I wish devs paid more attention to PC gaming
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
2 months ago#40
Sadly, PS4 has no games.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived