This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
3 months ago#41
TrashPandaJedi posted...
Yea sadly all best exclusives are on PS4. I wish devs paid more attention to PC gaming

Compared to what's released on PC and Xbox (since PS4's been out) yes (I don't play strategy games so this is a factor for me).

Judgmenl posted...
Sadly, PS4 has no games.

You must not own a PS4

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 months ago#42
Persona 5 anyone...? I haven't played it but I've heard it's really good.

Heck, I wish it was on sale.

bubbub01
3 months ago#43
BearShrooms posted...
You are buying the "next great thing" in a product line being developed for the mass public. Of course it's not going to be great. This is pretty close to when pepsi or mt dew come out with a new special flavor and super hype it up. Sure, every now and then one of them sticks. But a game creators job isn't to make great games, it's to sell games. They don't care if their game is actually great as long as it sells enough to make a good profit and is decent enough to keep the franchise/company going.

On top of all of this, even when the general public considers a game to be great you need to be wary because the general public is stupid and has poor taste (see: the fast food industry).

Not understanding why you are pushing marketing into this.

My argument was over people's tastes only. I'm too old (20 lol) to fall for marketing bs. If a game is gonna be bad 9 times out of 10 I can smell it (besides Mafia 3 rip me). What I was dissapointed in was because ACTUAL gamers who play more than just COD found these games to be exceptional, while I find them all meh.

And to your point about the fast-food industry, the main reason it's popular is because the food is good for the price you pay for it and the time you have to wait. It's not people being stupid, it's literally just so accessible that the industry is going to be huge. Not sure if you were referring to options that were more health conscious, because yeah it sucks that there's no place I can go to get a healthy meal that's not a salad that is made quickly.

bubbub01
3 months ago#44
Lienhart posted...
Persona 5 anyone...? I haven't played it but I've heard it's really good.

Heck, I wish it was on sale.

I'm on the last level. Very good, but very long. It was my first one. Despite popular belief, there really isn't much "dating" in the game. Most of it is just hanging out with people and building up relationships with them to get better perks/stats/etc. Dating unlocks at the very last level you reach with some characters, and it's pretty stupid tbh. The actual combat and dungeons are just as big of a part of the game.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
3 months ago#45
bubbub01 posted...
You must not own a PS4

Sadly, There's no reason to ever buy a console game again. The only developers that made meaningful games on consoles have started moving to PC development (Falcom finally returning to PC!). Then again my taste in games is garbage anyways.

Buy a Playstation if you want a bunch of dilluted drivel that is a shell of the glory it once was (Hello Naughty Dog / Square Enix)
Buy a Nintendo if you are 15 years old or want to act like you are 15 again (Role Playing you are 15 may not be healthy).
Buy an Xbox if you are allergic to PCs.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
3 months ago#46
Judgmenl posted...
Buy a Nintendo if you are 15 years old or want to act like you are 15 again (Role Playing you are 15 may not be healthy).

I uhh what
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: neroAngelo

neroAngelo
3 months ago#47
bubbub01 posted...

What are your guy's thoughts on these games?

BotW is garbage. It's pretty but the dungeons and shrines are all insultingly simple.

Nier would have been more fun without 9S. His combat was atrocious as was the story.

Horizon was pretty good. No major negatives.

Nioh is pretty good too, but obv no Dark Souls. Biggest issue is level design. Everything else is pretty great.
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 6700k@4.5, 32GB DDR4, 1070 G1 8GB, 512GB 840 pro, 960 GB SanDisk Ultra II, HTC Vive

bubbub01
3 months ago#48
neroAngelo posted...
bubbub01 posted...

What are your guy's thoughts on these games?

BotW is garbage. It's pretty but the dungeons and shrines are all insultingly simple.

Nier would have been more fun without 9S. His combat was atrocious as was the story.

Horizon was pretty good. No major negatives.

Nioh is pretty good too, but obv no Dark Souls. Biggest issue is level design. Everything else is pretty great.

I agree with you on most. I think Zelda's biggest strength was the exploration and things you can find that weren't repetitive.

That being said, I made a long post a while back (that got no responses) explaining the things I found interesting in BOTW and gave a percentage of that content in the world.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75486444

I think it's pretty interesting since I love analyzing things, but I wrote it so lol.

I haven't give horizon enough time. I'm five hours in and I can't bring myself to go back to it.

Nioh has great combat, and I agree with that the level design suck, BUT I felt like the enemy variety was really lacking. The same yokai over and over and over again.

User Info: CrayonCalculus

CrayonCalculus
3 months ago#49
The point of Capitalism isn't to make great games. It's to make games that make a lot more money than it costs to develop them.
Free will is a myth, Religion is a joke. We are all pawns controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 months ago#50
A lot of games are bad, you go a long time without something of actual quality, people start singing the praises of games that are 6 or 7s at best because they're desperate. If there's a drought and then it spits rain for 5 minutes, it's a f***ing storm and you're grateful.

That's gaming since like 2004.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived