This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

User Info: ThePandaForest

ThePandaForest
2 months ago#51
nominturddaddy posted...
A lot of games are bad, you go a long time without something of actual quality, people start singing the praises of games that are 6 or 7s at best because they're desperate. If you're thirsty during a drought and it spits rain for 5 minutes, it's a f***ing storm and you're grateful.

That's gaming since like 2004.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Ps3/4 are a f***ing joke compared to the ps2 days

Meanwhile on the ps4 board they s*** themselves over their game "collection" consisting of all of 2 decent exclusives like they are the luckiest people on earth simply because they are used to having nothing
Vega Frontier Edition | Titan X Pascal
C32HG70 HDR 144Hz 1ms | Vive VR

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
2 months ago#52
PUBG best thing to happen to shooters on PC since CS

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 months ago#53
I took like a year off gaming (aside from WoW), got bored of WoW so checked out what I had missed. Beat:

DOOM 2016 (I tried it when it first came out but it was a stutterfest even on my rig, early released unoptimized s***, runs smooth now finally)

XCOM2

Dead by Daylight (well didn't beat but did like 30 hours, which is a long time for a non-MMO MP-only game for me these days)

20XX

Gears of War 4

Wild Guns Reloaded

And I feel like I'm caught up and chasing my tail. I really feel I could've passed on XCOM2 but yeah desperate. 20XX was just for coop. Gears of War 4 was to see how far they pushed tech (on max it's the best game I've ever seen, and given the size of it, will probably be that way for a while).

Pretty much everything is either doing the "better graphics than last one but worse gameplay than last one" thing or "the people that make this aren't making it anymore, so here's our knockoff that isn't as good" thing. It's one thing when you're younger and you think "gamer" is part of your identity, when you get older it's just a bunch of people trying to make money, people being bad at their jobs, or people trying to relive their youth by making a game that honors their favorite title from a retro gen, but does it worse because the reason that retro title was so good is because it got everything as perfect as it was ever going to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
2 months ago#54
If you can force yourself to look past its bugs and awful story/voiceacting, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is amazing.

Prey is quite good but pretty repetitive and not very replayable.

I could do with a fun new timesink open world game...Agents of Mayhem looks stupid. New Mordor hopefully will be good.
Obama 2008

User Info: Pigeon_Senpai

Pigeon_Senpai
2 months ago#55
Just cause a lot of people praise a game doesn't mean you have to like it TC.

Nier Automata is alright. I just think it's overrated but I do like the game.

I agree with what you said about Ni-Oh. Maybe a sequel can fix that stuff.

No opinion on the other games.
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 months ago#56
Sonic Mania is so far one of my two GotY candidates for 2017, the other being Zelda.

Outside of those two, the only games I've really been enjoying lately are games from previous gens or games on my Steam backlog. 2017 has so far been pretty crappy for gaming outside of Zelda and Sonic Mania :/

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 months ago#57
BotW sucks and Sonic peaked with 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDkRpc4pns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ax6DmXoPc

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
2 months ago#58
Your opinion is impor....no, no it's not.
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#59
I don't know what kind of games you're playing. This year is one of the better years. We've been in a drought since 2015. Some of this year's best hasn't even released yet.

Breath of the Wild - 97
Persona 5 - 93
Horizon Zero Dawn - 89
Nier - 88
RE7 - 86
Yakuza 0 - 85
Hellblade - 82
Prey - 79
Nioh - 79
Tales of Berseria - 79
Toukiden 2 - 77
Dragon Quest Heroes II - 77
Mass Effect Andromeda - 76

Competitive:
Injustice 2 - 87
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 - 86
Tekken 7 - 81
For Honor - 78
Lawbreakers - 75

Indies:
What Remains of Edith Finch - 88
Sonic Mania - 86
Pyre - 85
Rime - 80

My personal list, I can vouch for all of these:
RE7, Tales of Berseria, Toukiden 2, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Tekken 7

If I had a PS4, I'd vouch for Persona 5 and HZD (I've seen playthru for HZD).

User Info: JYLE_BrH

JYLE_BrH
2 months ago#60
The only good game to come out this entire year has been PUBG, imo. Most of, if not all, games are rinse and repeat these days, so it's no surprise to me. Not to mention all the once-free "features" that are now payed for. I mean, c'mon, color schemes for Ryu and Ken's outfits aren't even universally free anymore. There's your sign.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel like every "great" game this year really isn't.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived