This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need suggestion from cord cutters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need suggestion from cord cutters

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 month ago#1
Trying to get my mother to join lol

She likes having the TV on even if she isn't watching it per say she just likes having her shows on in the background

Now she watches dumb reality shows like Bush people of Alaska so I guess I'm looking for what would be the easiest route for her ,think Apple TV would be more suitable for her she loves Apple stuff and they usually make stuff very simple to use for basic users

My only problem is she has 3 TVs
Bedroom kitchen and living room
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#2
get Kodi with Covenant
Obama 2008

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#3
I'm very much the same. I enjoy the background noise and enjoy looking over and watching something interesting for a moment. I enjoy Science channel and Discovery channel, maybe NatGeo or Animal planet. I'm out of the loop on this stuff. What are some good options and how do they work?

And what about sports? How do I watch live sports?
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
1 month ago#4
personally, i set up a decent antenna for the sets in my house. there's plenty of free content on the air for me. add to that sling for streaming cable tv when needed, and something like netflix or hulu for your movie fix. to use those you need some form of box for each set, personally have an nvidia shield in the living room and two amazon fire sets in the bedrooms.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: youngfossil

youngfossil
1 month ago#5
sfcalimari posted...
get Kodi with Covenant

Real talk. Kodi sucks. Half the time is being spent looking for a link that works. And there is a lot of maintenance the average user wouldnt know how to do.

And the quality is shyt

Get Sling. You can get a cheap package. It work on apple TV im pretty sure
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.

Boge
1 month ago#6
youngfossil posted...
sfcalimari posted...
get Kodi with Covenant

Real talk. Kodi sucks. Half the time is being spent looking for a link that works. And there is a lot of maintenance the average user wouldnt know how to do.

And the quality is shyt

What about Playstation Vue?

monkmith
1 month ago#7
Boge posted...
youngfossil posted...
sfcalimari posted...
get Kodi with Covenant

And the quality is shyt

What about Playstation Vue?

at that point you might as well stick with cable.

Boge
1 month ago#8
monkmith posted...

It's not basically the same thing as Sling?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#9
How much does she pay for cable? Maybe she just needs a cheaper cable package. It probably isn't worth it to try and move her onto an alternative that might have issues to work around or might not carry what she wants to see.

Then again, when I cut the cord I thought I'd have to find a bunch of replacement options for my wife who used to constantly have the TV on and she ended up just... not having the TV on all the time anymore. She'll put a Spotify playlist on her computer while she's doing stuff in the house or watch something on Youtube or Netflix if she really wants to see some video and generally she just doesn't have something playing. It's... refreshing. Especially because now she won't put on some cooking show, leave the room, the show ends, a new one starts, and all of a sudden Guy f***ing Fieri is on my TV.

monkmith
1 month ago#10
Boge posted...
monkmith posted...

It's not basically the same thing as Sling?

at about 2-3 times the price.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need suggestion from cord cutters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived