This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am i the only one who feels this way?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Am i the only one who feels this way?

User Info: DarkStory_666

DarkStory_666
2 months ago#1
Is it me or nowadays game developers treat us like we have mental problems or something i mean on the old days of gaming you would like a month or so to finish a game but nowadays to finish a game it would a least a week or two and the games are getting easier as the generations gone buy
PSN : Darkstory_666
https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/DarkStory_666/games

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#2
yes you are the only one. you are a unique and special snowflake

Take off the nostalgia goggles mate. It took longer to finish the games back in the day because you had to start from the beginning every single time you played it.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#3
Nowadays games are cheap and there are millions to choose from so no one wants to spend a month or more on each game.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#4
Yes , games used to be harder.
Also , relating to another topic - adults in games used to talk like adults.
Now the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 7th grader who's mad at his mommy and daddy.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Boge

Boge
2 months ago#5
I find the waypoints, minimaps, and other hand-holding features to be more insulting to my intelligence than how long it takes to finish a game.

I watch the minimap more than the rest of the screen in games these days. Go to the green dot, collect yellow dots, kill red dots, go to green dot, rinse and repeat. That's what games are today.
Hey, how come my two cents is only worth like a half a cent?

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#6
The only evidence I can honestly see of developers treating people like idiots is with the in-game tutorials, the big giant arrow saying "GO HERE NEXT", and then when you turn away from the path to go explore it starts flashing red and says "TURN AROUND!!!"

Basically, all the hand-holding that goes on in modern games. A lot of that has to do with consoles...like you know how a lot of games will have a splash screen that says "Press (button) to start"? They didn't used to have that. Microsoft and the Xbox started that trend I think (or at least they enforced it most recently).

When they make games a certain way for consoles, they're not going to totally change how they make a game for PC (most often) so you wind up with the same hand-holding that all the console kiddies get and feel like they're treating you like an idiot.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Am i the only one who feels this way?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived