This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls or New Vegas?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls or New Vegas?

User Info: kentuckybob

kentuckybob
2 months ago#1
I can afford to get one of these games... which shall I get?
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

User Info: Jar_Jar

Jar_Jar
2 months ago#2
I enjoyed New Vegas much more. I didn't like Dark Souls because it was too difficult for me, but many other people love the game.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 months ago#3
I also enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas more, although I know that if you like Dark Souls you'll love it and probably get more playtime out of it. I prefer the more narrative focused F:NV.

You can also mod F:NV a lot but I never really got into it - I did two playthroughs and I felt a bit burned out but I know there are mods that alter the games to various extents that can add a lot of replay value.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
2 months ago#4
Dark Souls, unless you don't like hard games
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: HorrorJudasGoat

HorrorJudasGoat
2 months ago#5
The Witness > Fallout New Vegas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dark souls

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
2 months ago#6
New Vegas with texture, ambient lighting, stutter fix and project Nevada bullet time mods.

User Info: anthrax360x

anthrax360x
2 months ago#7
kentuckybob posted...
I can afford to get one of these games... which shall I get?

Don't they both go down <$10 fairly often...

Either way I consider New Vegas to be the best of the recent Fallout games and Dark Souls 1 to be the best Dark Souls. Can't go wrong with either.

Right now, do you feel like playing a Bethesda RPG, but with Obsidian writing and decision making, or a slower paced action RPG where you'll die a lot but be rewarded for scouring every nook and cranny of the world that slaughters you?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
| i5-4690K 3.5ghz | 8gb RAM | EVGA GTX 970 | 2tb HDD | Asus VG248QE |

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
2 months ago#8
New Vegas has more replayability IMO, plus mods.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: Mute_Guardian7

Mute_Guardian7
2 months ago#9
They're both very different, but you can't go wrong with either. I'd say Dark Souls is by far the better game of the two, though if you're looking for value over quality New Vegas will give you plenty to do, even without mods.
| Windows 10 | i5 4590 | GTX 950 | 8GB RAM |
"What is bravery, without a dash of recklessness!" -Hawkeye Gough

User Info: enderall

enderall
2 months ago#10
Both, get both. I played both with a AMD APU laptop and these are great and fun games. Fallout NV is way longer than Dark Souls and in my opinion is the best modern Fallout.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls or New Vegas?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived