This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls or New Vegas?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls or New Vegas?

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
2 months ago#31
sfcalimari posted...
FO3 was a lot more fun for me, better quests and way more fun exploration. FNV just felt like busywork and reading a lot of dialogue in an empty flat place that wasn't fun to explore.

Dark Souls meanwhile is amazing.

uh wat? the exploration was nonexistant in FO3, there was invisible walls EVERYWHERE man. I think you just liked the destroyed city aesthetic.

Fallout New Vegas s***s on Fallout 3/4 in almost every conceivable way
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
2 months ago#32
Both are great, but my vote is New Vegas.
http://i.imgur.com/6tJEBqH.jpg
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png

User Info: -______-

-______-
2 months ago#33
Ratchetrockon posted...
-______- posted...
dark souls easily

game punishes rushing through levels and mobs unlike most games

Erm that isn't a good reason to choose that over New Vegas.

true

it's one of the reasons why i like dark souls though, since i'm not a fan of fast twitch combat games. i can slowly and methodically go through mobs and bosses rather than spamming action hotkeys or combos
-______-

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
2 months ago#34
I still haven't got Dark Souls, but judging by all the talk, it must be really good.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
2 months ago#35
kentuckybob posted...
I can afford to get one of these games... which shall I get?

Dark Souls, assuming you like those games.

I couldn't even get NV to run on my machine, pre or post patch. Bethesda really knew how to write s*** code back in the day (and Obsidian had their problems too).
Hillary For Prison 2017

User Info: reiko sawamura

reiko sawamura
2 months ago#36
If you haven't made your mind up already, grab New Vegas. I've plugged 500+ hours into that game and I haven't even touched half of the quests in it.
It's a higher power telling me through bunnies that we're all gonna die!

User Info: gideond

gideond
2 months ago#37
Playing through Dark Souls again now. It really is an excellent game overall. It's really not as difficult as people make it out to be. The combat system takes some getting use to and suffers from the need for more buttons. You have to pull off button combos for some moves like jumping and kicking, that flat out don't work half the time due to button sensitivity not being that great. Bosses can be tricky sometimes, but otherwise the standard enemies are not all that difficult if you take your time and learn how they fight. The game is full of cheap death though. Mostly due to falling off of things or getting knocked off things. It's frustrating and annoying at times due to this, but that can be part of it's charm.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: Jeh64

Jeh64
2 months ago#38
MUD VIPER posted...
New Vegas has more replayability IMO, plus mods.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
2 months ago#39
New Vegas if you're a little p**** or want to mod it with giant mammeries and pr0n mods.

Dark Souls if you're a manly man and actually like challenging yourself.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
2 months ago#40
Cool_Dude667 posted...
sfcalimari posted...
FO3 was a lot more fun for me, better quests and way more fun exploration. FNV just felt like busywork and reading a lot of dialogue in an empty flat place that wasn't fun to explore.

Dark Souls meanwhile is amazing.

uh wat? the exploration was nonexistant in FO3, there was invisible walls EVERYWHERE man. I think you just liked the destroyed city aesthetic.

Fallout New Vegas s***s on Fallout 3/4 in almost every conceivable way

The constant walled-up areas in central DC were pretty annoying, but pretty much any house or bunker or tunnel you'd find would have something somewhat interesting in it, maybe a cool weapon or at least some repair items, and often you'd stumble onto new quests. In New Vegas there were so many caves and other interior locations that literally had nothing in them. It just felt like it discouraged exploration and made it feel pointless whereas FO3 constantly rewarded it.
Obama 2008
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls or New Vegas?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived