This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Moero Chronicle now on Steam!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Moero Chronicle now on Steam!

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
2 months ago#1
For those of you out there that have played Monster Monpiece on Vita/PC comes it's sequel, Moero Chronicle, the first time released in NA I believe. I personally highly enjoyed Monster Monpiece's card battles but this one is a dungeon crawler, but it has received some good reviews also. It's not for you if you don't like near or full-nudity in games though, definitely NSFW.

It's 30% off too for the first week.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/638160/Moero_Chronicle/
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 months ago#2
...I actually lost interest when Monster Monpiece was mentioned.

I've got like 15 hours in Monpiece (Bought it in the Summer Sale for $3) and am just sick of the damn thing already. The story still amuses me, but the battle system is just boring me to tears, and now that I've seen what feels like most the cards, it's all moved on to "+1" versions of the same damn cards with objectively better stats, for the same deployment cost. Basically the game just gave a swift kick to the balls and said "Yeah, time to replace most of your deck, as it's now objectively inferior".

I don't mind the lewd, but goddamn you gotta provide some gameplay to go with it. Also why the f*** are they using Chibi models and only provided, what, 4-5 different ones, one for each class? Feels pretty undewhelming when the entire game consists of the same limited pallet of 'characters' despite having a much larger roster of cards.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: zelos71

zelos71
2 months ago#3
cody4783 posted...

I've got like 15 hours in Monpiece (Bought it in the Summer Sale for $3) and am just sick of the damn thing already.

...already? 15 hours is like 10 times the amount I get out of most games these days before getting tired of them.

cody4783
2 months ago#4
zelos71 posted...
...already? 15 hours is like 10 times the amount I get out of most games these days before getting tired of them.

"Already" being the fact that I'm only on Chapter 6 of 9-10 and the game is still dragging on when it feels like it's run out of content.

There's still story I'd like to progress through, but f*** me the gameplay has just killed all interest in continuing. It's officially just throwing bigger numbers at eachother. And well, the fact the combat/card game mechanic is kinda shallow by letting "Spam as many low-level cards as you can to get bonuses" is a legit effective 'strategy'.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#5
Looked at the game. I like dungeon crawlers, but eh. Steam reviews did lead me to this video that made me laugh... except for the last bit.

https://youtu.be/YIDjMDRe_ts
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
2 months ago#6
OptimusRekt posted...
the first time released in NA I believe.

Nah, Asia ver had English, prolly poor but still. That was mid-ish 2015.
Been meaning to play this one for a while too... should grab it now. Some of the girls are just adorable.

Side note, was Omega Labyrinth supposed to be coming to Steam? I coulda sworn I saw a topic about it months ago but I can't find anything with Google...
'Ahn~ It's so loud I can't sleep~!' Lily White said, suddenly awaking.
How great the power of yuri was that it could even neutralise poison!

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
2 months ago#7
Is this a good echi game or is there better? asking for a friend obviously
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
2 months ago#8
cody4783 posted...

I've got like 15 hours in Monpiece (Bought it in the Summer Sale for $3) and am just sick of the damn thing already. The story still amuses me, but the battle system is just boring me to tears, and now that I've seen what feels like most the cards, it's all moved on to "+1" versions of the same damn cards with objectively better stats, for the same deployment cost. Basically the game just gave a swift kick to the balls and said "Yeah, time to replace most of your deck, as it's now objectively inferior".

I don't mind the lewd, but goddamn you gotta provide some gameplay to go with it. Also why the f*** are they using Chibi models and only provided, what, 4-5 different ones, one for each class? Feels pretty undewhelming when the entire game consists of the same limited pallet of 'characters' despite having a much larger roster of cards.

Yeah... You're pretty much wrong on everything you just said in both your posts. You probably have only seen maybe 60% of the cards at that point, hard to say. You're wrong about the +1's, the stats, and the deployment costs. There is no "time to replace your deck, as it's now objectively inferior" moment either. Maybe if you're struggling with the battles, or if you're playing a four color deck you might think that.

And again you complain about the chibi models... It was a low budget niche game for the Vita. You make the best of the resources you have. They have a chibi for every type of card. It's unrealistic to expect a chibi for every f***ing card in the game. Like come on man... You log 15 hours on game you paid 3 f***ing dollars for and you whine about it's budget, gameplay, and content. It's almost like you just replied to this thread to trash Monster Monpiece. What a joke.

cody4783
2 months ago#9
ImaPC posted...
Yeah... You're pretty much wrong on everything you just said in both your posts. You probably have only seen maybe 60% of the cards at that point, hard to say. You're wrong about the +1's, the stats, and the deployment costs. There is no "time to replace your deck, as it's now objectively inferior" moment either. Maybe if you're struggling with the battles, or if you're playing a four color deck you might think that.

And what am I supposed to think when the game is giving me duplicates of the exact same cards I was getting in much, much earlier chapters, but now they have a +1 or +2 on them, boosted stats, and yes, the few cards I've gotten that were +1 had the *same* mana cost to use in battle. Same cost, but +1-2 damage and health. That is an objective boost to stats, for no extra cost, and makes the cards I already had worse by comparison. I know, I replaced the exact same characters for +1's and the total 'mana' of my deck didn't change.

I focus exclusively on having a max of 2-color decks, as realistically without grinding my t*** off for cards, going full 1-color decks is a bit impractical (and I'm lazy as this game is already getting boring without grinding). At the same time, focusing on balanced levels so I can have more than 3 of the same character and just super stack them for ridiculous stats boosts.

I'd hardly say the battles are difficulty, either. The AI starts using +1 and better cards constantly, sure, but that doesn't really change that low-cost card spam wins out MOST of the time, from what I've seen. Abilities on 'rubbed' cards are often detrimental too, as they don't play much effect half the time and just waste extra mana.

And sure, I PAID $3 on sale with low expectations. Doesn't change the fact they're charging $20 any other day of the week. Sorry if I just insulted your favorite game. But FYI: Replying with "lol no" doesn't back up your points either. I'll admit I may be wrong about the card availability, but when they're repeating drops consistently without providing new s*** in the 40 or so cards I opened in Chapter 6, it's hard to assume otherwise.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#10
Play The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel instead.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Moero Chronicle now on Steam!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived