This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what in the hell happened to Call of Duty?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. what in the hell happened to Call of Duty?

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 months ago#1
I went back and fired up COD2 yesterday and it felt like a breath of fresh air.....

wtf happened? o_O
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
4 months ago#2
call of duty 4
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

User Info: dunkis

dunkis
4 months ago#3
Money. Money happened. Each year they tried to figure out how to make more and more money with less and less effort. The end result was throwing their original vision and any sense of art it had out the door to become a pure pop culture cash cow.
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#4
Punkbuster on COD2 is a nightmare. Every little thing is detected as a cheat.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: I_suk_at_golf

I_suk_at_golf
4 months ago#5
Is cod 2 still populated?

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#6
I_suk_at_golf posted...
Is cod 2 still populated?

Who knows, it's just a 3GB download on steam. Go nuts.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#7
Almost nothing happened to Call of Duty. That's the problem. The formula has stayed pretty much the same with cosmetic changes since MW1 and for better or worse they can't break away from it. Attempts to innovate are rejected and attempts to refine fall on deaf ears due to massive yearly oversaturation.
Reality is so flexible these days, its hard to tell whos disconnected from it and who isnt. You might even say its a pointless distinction.

User Info: ElitestTank

ElitestTank
4 months ago#8
CoD 4 MW happened

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
4 months ago#9
dunkis posted...
Money. Money happened. Each year they tried to figure out how to make more and more money with less and less effort. The end result was throwing their original vision and any sense of art it had out the door to become a pure pop culture cash cow.

Spend just a few minutes with Black Ops 3 for example and you'll see way more work went into it than the early CoD's.
I find my new neighbors hatred for me to be quite invigorating

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
4 months ago#10
Orestes417 posted...
Almost nothing happened to Call of Duty. That's the problem. The formula has stayed pretty much the same with cosmetic changes since MW1 and for better or worse they can't break away from it. Attempts to innovate are rejected and attempts to refine fall on deaf ears due to massive yearly oversaturation.

The formula is fine and the reason players keep buying. It just needs a new engine and better sound fx.
I find my new neighbors hatred for me to be quite invigorating
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. what in the hell happened to Call of Duty?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived