This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had the room would you put your tower on your desk ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you had the room would you put your tower on your desk ?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#1
Topic - Results (112 votes)
Yes and why ?
59.82% (67 votes)
no and why ?
40.18% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Thinking of getting new desk, I'd have room for it. If yes where on the desk would you put it...to the right of your monitor ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: JYLE_BrH

JYLE_BrH
2 months ago#2
It's where my tower is and always has been.

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
2 months ago#3
My desk is large enough, and my tower is on it. I have the room and it's actually been really convenient. Swapped some hard drives the other week and didn't have to disconnect anything but the power cable when I opened the case. If it were under my desk, I'd have to crawl under there, disconnect everything, pull it out, swap hard drives and then crawl under there to reconnect everything.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#4
JYLE_BrH posted...
It's where my tower is and always has been.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Critcal50

Critcal50
2 months ago#5
I used to keep my old PC on the floor. It gathered up a lot more dust. I specifically bought some cheap $100 table just to put my tower on. A whole lot less dust accumulation now.
EVGA GTX 970 SC | i5-6600k | Corsair 8 x 2 DDR4 | ASUS Z170A | NZXT Phantom 410

User Info: Critcal50

Critcal50
2 months ago#6
Kano92 posted...
Thinking of getting new desk, I'd have room for it. If yes where on the desk would you put it...to the right of your monitor ?

Since most cases in my experience open up from their left side (if you're facing the front) putting it to your right is the best option. This way, quick installation of new parts or cleaning is a lot easier. Just take the panel off. No disconnecting cords, and trying to keep them organized.
EVGA GTX 970 SC | i5-6600k | Corsair 8 x 2 DDR4 | ASUS Z170A | NZXT Phantom 410

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
2 months ago#7
If i could I would. Easier to get to the usb/audio. Cleaner than being on the floor.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
2 months ago#8
Nope. Don't have a window case, don't want one and I have a perfect spot for it off to the side of my current desk.

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
2 months ago#9
I do have the room currently, but I'd rather keep it on the ground. Easier to access the cables, and don't end up having to sit next to a giant tower.

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
2 months ago#10
No.
Cable management is easier like that and the air is cooler at the ground level.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you had the room would you put your tower on your desk ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived