This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had the room would you put your tower on your desk ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you had the room would you put your tower on your desk ?

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 months ago#31
YoungAdultLink posted...
If I used a desk, I would not put my tower on it. Don't need the big, noisy, heat-producing box at head level.

Get better hardware.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#32
Nope, I don't want the sound of fans in my ear all the time thanks.
Ryzen 5 1600X 4GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | GTX 1080 2GHz | HyperX SSD | 28" Acer 4K
Playing: Splatoon 2 | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | Dungeons and Dragons Online

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
3 months ago#33
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Nope, I don't want the sound of fans in my ear all the time thanks.

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
- adoring fan
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 months ago#34
No. It's on the lower shelf of my desk. Best place for it.

User Info: JGA1980

JGA1980
3 months ago#35
There is no if, I do and I do.

Despite having a relatively small desk, I still have my tower on it, except orientated sideways on the upper tier a the back which the monitor is supposed to go on, whereas I have the monitor in front of that on the desk itself.

It many look a bit odd, put its surprisingly neat and tidy and cable management is a doddle with all the ports on the back easily accessed, plus the air-flow is better because the exhaust isn't pointing towards a wall or a corner, it just vents into a wide open space. Also periodically dusting the vents seems easier when they're in the open and high up.

Thinking about it, I've always situated my computer case on the upper part of my desk, rather than on the floor or at floor level.

I think it's partly because a long time ago I heard or read that HDDs of computers on the floor can be disturbed by footsteps and apparently they suck in more dust from the carpet at that level, but also because it just seems easier having everything in the open and easily accessed, rather than have to crawl under the desk to access your computer and ports (which is probably also a personal legacy from the time when PCs still had more fiddly serial ports with pins and screws).

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
3 months ago#36
My tower is on my desk.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 months ago#37
I have my tower on the right side of my desk.

I don't have any case windows or lights, I just didn't want it sitting on the carpet. It's also very convenient to access whatever I might need to, as well as hook up easily to my tv.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: clowning

clowning
3 months ago#38
No, because it looks like crap sitting up there. No matter how beautiful or clean your tower is, no matter how fancy it is under that glass case, it still looks like crap sitting on your desk.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
3 months ago#39
Mine's on the floor right now because it actually makes my table look cleaner, the only wires you see are the keyboard and mouse wires.

But if I go ITX again, it will be on my table.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

User Info: tuch

tuch
3 months ago#40
EvilGiygas posted...
MMG_ posted...
Born Lucky posted...
JYLE_BrH posted...
It's where my tower is and always has been.
"Wrong again, idiot." ~ Prof. Farnsworth
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you had the room would you put your tower on your desk ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived